toro zmaster and trailer price ?

vaskeet

Threads
I have found this on craigslist 2006 Toro Z Master 60" with Trailer
some further info 23 hp kohler mower has 2000 hours engine replaced at 1400. How is the price and what should I look for when I go to see it.The way I look at is about $1000 for the trailer and $2800 for the mower. I am just a homeowner with 10 acres and I have a tractor/finish mower for if the grass gets to heavy

zmister11

Threads
some further info 23 hp kohler mower has 2000 hours engine replaced at 1400. How is the price and what should I look for when I go to see it.The way I look at is about $1000 for the trailer and $2800 for the mower. I am just a homeowner with 10 acres and I have a tractor/finish mower for if the grass gets to heavy

For the mower having that many hours it looks like it was taking really good care of.i don't think that's a bad deal

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

If the Z Master is a 60" I'm guessing the Trailer is a 6x12 which actually would measure about 77 inches, same as mine. Personally I think your paying to much money for a used trailer and a 2006 ZM mower with that many hours. Yeah it has a replacement engine that only has 600 hrs but what about the drives, PTO, pulleys, spindles and the other things, What's going to go next with over 2000 hours?? Too much money for me.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think $3800 is to much

The thing that puts red flags up for me is it is to damn clean for 2000 hours.

Before I would even make a offer I would cut some grass with it for 30 mins then check it for leaks. At best I would offer $3000

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think $3800 is to much

The thing that puts red flags up for me is it is to damn clean for 2000 hours.

Before I would even make a offer I would cut some grass with it for 30 mins then check it for leaks. At best I would offer $3000

Id' offer maybe $2000. A used 6x12 can be had for $600 mine was $985 new. The ZM being a 2006 with that many hours, 12, $1500 max. I think it's too much of an investment to use it for a hundred hours and have the drives go out or a pto go bad no matter how well it's been maintained. Especially if you can't make the repairs yourself.

Mike88se

Threads
In my experience used mower pricing just isn't that cut and dried. Location seems to matter a lot and I'm not sure why or how that works. Ric, you might be able to buy that mower & trailer for 2000 all day in Florida but I don't think I could find a deal like that here. If I did I'd have to look long & hard. If I bought that for 3000 I could sell it here at a decent profit.
I can drive 2 or 3 hours north or south and find some sweet deals but resale prices vary a lot according to where you are and locally prices tend to be quite a bit higher. A 6x10 trailer like that would be 1100 to 1300 here and it wouldn't be as well made as that one. Used in that condition would be 800 to 1000. Hell, even that toolbox would be 100 to 200 here.
That is one reason I don't usually ask about used equipment pricing.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
In my experience used mower pricing just isn't that cut and dried. Location seems to matter a lot and I'm not sure why or how that works. Ric, you might be able to buy that mower & trailer for 2000 all day in Florida but I don't think I could find a deal like that here. If I did I'd have to look long & hard. If I bought that for 3000 I could sell it here at a decent profit.
I can drive 2 or 3 hours north or south and find some sweet deals but resale prices vary a lot according to where you are and locally prices tend to be quite a bit higher. A 6x10 trailer like that would be 1100 to 1300 here and it wouldn't be as well made as that one. Used in that condition would be 800 to 1000. Hell, even that toolbox would be 100 to 200 here.
That is one reason I don't usually ask about used equipment pricing.

Location may have something to do with it, I just know I gave $985 for my 6x12 new a couple of years ago and I know what I see them for used. As far as the mower price goes, your talking about a mower that's 8yrs old and you really don't know or I don't know how many hours it has really and even if the engine was replaced you really don't know how many hours it has, just what the individuals claims are. Now be it far from me not to be the first to brag about how great a Z-Master mower is but that ZM is a mower that will nickel and dime you to death with all that can go wrong with it with the hours it has. I think you could very well be buying someone else's problems, JMO. The Tool box I can buy of CL for $50 to $75 about any time

00l0l_2c1Dwwm6IHF_600x450.jpg

Used diamond plated truck tool box, good condition.

$60.00

Call leave a message, or text.

Kat
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Trailer 6 X 12 Lawn, Utility, Landscape, W/ Ramp - $850

00g0g_38MA1qHLpWv_600x450.jpg

00l0l_hn0XK1734Ph_600x450.jpg

You are looking at a very good used lawn trailer. This is a 6 X 12 with drop gate. This has a 3 pole rack on the side for whips etc. Tires are like new and the trailer is in very good condition.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
By looking at the op Craigslist add the trailer looks to be a 7x12 with a back and side ramp.

I could sell it within 10 mins of posting it for $1000 easy.

The mower I would have to spend a hour looking at it.

But just by the pic it is to clean. He is trying to hide something.

vaskeet

Threads
I hope to check it out this weekend and I will post more then. I plan on putting it up on a set of ramps to see under it. I will ask about documentation. If I like it and it all seems good I will probably do a offer like I did on my jeep. I gave a offer that was lower than he wanted so I told him I would leave that offer open for 3 weeks and to call me if he decided to accept the offer. I probably will not offer more than $3000

Mike88se

Threads
I don't think theres much comparison between the trailers but thats not my point anyway. It is location. As far s the mower goes its just like buying any used machine whether its a mower or a car. You go look at it and check it out. If it looks sound then you buy it. The motor might blow up the day after you buy it from some problem that couldn't be seen even by a BMW mechanic doing a PPI but thats the chance you take when you buy used. Its the chance you take every time you go out to start/drive your own vehicles.
It isn't likely to fall apart based on my experience buying used cars and mowers after checking them over... its just that there are no guarranties.

I'm not disagreeing that the seller isn't hiding something Carscw but some people just take good care of their stuff. And he probably cleaned it up good for the pics. I do if I'm trying to sell something on CL. I'm more inclined to go look at clean machines. All I'd suggest to vaskeet is to go check it out. See what it sounds like, how it cuts, see if there are any obvious problems. Then make an offer if its something you want.
Very few people put their real price in a CL ad.
Go check it out vaskeet. We can't tell you if its a good deal from hundreds of miles away. I can tell you that for my area that setup isn't overpriced. But I'd try to get as close to 3000 as I could. That would be a fair price here.