Toro zero turn v-twin won't start

dtestin

Threads
Update - Toro MX4250 74760 315002651 June 2015 24.5hp 708cc Loncin 2P77F engine. After checking everything, I bought new coils. It started right up and I ran it for a few minutes and figured all was good. Went out a couple hours later and would not start. It does have spark, good compression and fresh gas. Any thoughts on why it would start once and not the next time? Cranks fine.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
spray some starting fluid/brake parts cleaner into the carburetor (remove air filter) and try to start.
if it runs. you have a fuel delivery issue, if it doesn't, either bad spark plugs(?) or another issue hindering the combustion process in the cylinder.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update - Toro MX4250 74760 315002651 June 2015 24.5hp 708cc Loncin 2P77F engine. After checking everything, I bought new coils. It started right up and I ran it for a few minutes and figured all was good. Went out a couple hours later and would not start. It does have spark, good compression and fresh gas. Any thoughts on why it would start once and not the next time? Cranks fine.
Check the safety switches. Also, the reverse switch. Toro uses pretty crappy switches on those residential zero turns. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
spray some starting fluid/brake parts cleaner into the carburetor (remove air filter) and try to start.
if it runs. you have a fuel delivery issue, if it doesn't, either bad spark plugs(?) or another issue hindering the combustion process in the cylinder.
Not all brake clearner will work. CRC in the red can will not work. Have not tried any of the others since I use Gumout carb cleaner.