Toro TimeMaster 30" Lawnmower

NadRash

Threads
Just bought Toro 30" TimeMaster ($999.99) at Home Depot. After using my 10% Veteran Discount and convincing sales rep to take another 10% off I ended up paying $800.00.
30" is the perfect size lawnmower for getting into my customers yards with chain link fence gates. I've read a lot of great reviews and have afew other Toro products that have all worked well. ANYONE ELSE OWN THUS MOWER? ANY PROBLEMS, ADVICE?
yes, $999.99 is to much for a self propelled walk behind but $800 I was comfortable paying.
THOUGHTS...? SUGGESTIONS?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's cool you got it for $800 no $999 is not to much for a walk behind let alone a 30" I have been considering this machine as well let me know how it does. Cut quality, mulching ability, bagging ability, walk speed. Engine reliability is my biggest concern as its a briggs

Mike88se

Threads
I owned one for quite a while. Never had any problems with it and it was a refurb at that. Was still running strong when I sold it.
Cut quality was very good. Bagging was fine. Mulching... not so great. It would leaves clumps under anything but the best conditions. I tried stock blades and blades made for the commercial version. I tried painting under the deck with graphite paint. Other than leaving clumps it was a good mower.

BHLC

Threads
Ours has been ok. Only had it for last season. Don't use it much.

jay stortini

Threads
I used one all year last year great for getting around, it dies save time even tho you need to clean out the bottom of the deck pence sometimes twice in order to avoid clumping.
Main problem I had was the cut quality was not perfect would just lay down the grass sometimes.
Depending on lawn. I sold mind and then after lots of consideration bought same mower 2014 model but this time ordered the turfmaster blades they have more of a lift and apparently fix the quality of the cut issue just can't find a 30" mower that even comes close in affordability and I loved using it.
On a side note bought the snapper pro s50xt 36" thing cuts grass like a golf course used it on my lawn last week probably only use the 30 when I can't get through gates or big hills:)