Toro Time cutter z4235 - Drive issues after idler pulley failed?

RyanInFlorida

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro Time cutter z4235 - Drive issues after idler pulley failed?
I have a Toro Time cutter z4235 model # 74366. One of the idler pulleys broke and I replaced the idler pulley. Ever since it was replaced it doesn't want to move it is really slow to start and eases into it, almost like the belt is slipping? Just wondering if I need to replace the belt or if the tension springs not giving enough tension to drive the hydro motors?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also make sure the idler arm is not binding up.

RyanInFlorida

Forum Newbie
Threads
After further review. It appears I replaced the belt at the same time (looking at my orders when replaced last Sept), but I didn't replace the second idler pulley. I'll order a second idler pulley today and worst case I can use the old one as a spare if that doesn't resolve the issue.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Double check the belt routing as it is easy to get it wrong
Make sure the tension arm swings freely and also double check the position of the spring

RyanInFlorida

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thanks...I just ordered the extra idler pulley. I will double check the belt routing and make sure the tension arm swings freely.

RyanInFlorida

Forum Newbie
Threads
Double check the belt routing as it is easy to get it wrong
Make sure the tension arm swings freely and also double check the position of the spring
You were right! I replaced the other idler pulley (original one was fine) and I noticed that the belt routing was wrong. After I changed the belt routing it's working like before. I still need to fix the tracking, it's a little off. Thanks again for everyone's assistance :)