Toro Super Recycler Governor Pulsating

contheon

Threads
I have a Toro Super Recycler Model 20095 with the Briggs electric start engine. Like most of the small engines today, it's designed to run at a set rpm and controled by a governor.

Mine has been pulsating ... the rpms vary every few seconds, and appears to running below the 3600rpm standard. I took off the engine cover and located the governor spring. It's loose and very light duty. You can see it expanding and contracting with the engine pulsing.

Is there an easy way to tighten this spring or adjust the governor?

I sure the miss the old throttle controls.

scott47429

Threads
i had one that did that put in a new plug and air filter and that took care of it but maybe i just got lucky

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
By what you are saying it sounds as though the engine is hunting (as if looking for fuel).
Could be that its drawing air instead of fuel which could be gaskets or o-rings.
Also could be carb needing cleaned.
Is it a ready start engine?
Whats your model, type & code of engine?

contheon

Threads
Problem solved.

For reference, the engine is 190cc. 7.0 Torque, Model # 120000 on the Manual and Model # 128T07-3226-B1 on the engine (yes, they are different). It's a ReadyStart System with no primer and auto choke.

I replaced the spark plug and air filter, which reduced the pulsating. The engine was still running below normal rpms. Took a closer look at the governor spring. The bracket it's attached to at the front of the engine was bent towards the rear of the engine. This relaxed the spring. I bent it forward about 1/16 " and the engine performance improved dramatically. It cyuts better, lifts the grass better, and throws the clippings further.

Thanks for your suggestions.