Toro S200 snowblower

afoulk

Threads
Hey guys, haven't been on here in awhile. A guy at work had two toro snowblowers, an S620 and an S200. He said if I help him get the S620 running, I can have the S200. Anyways, the one hes giving me is pretty rough looking. Its missing the electric starter, but I figure I can still use it with the pull start. I'm gonna rebuild the carb right away, but I have a few questions. First, if I looked this thing up right, its a 1979 model? Model number is 38130, Serial number is 9093448. Second, these carbs look pretty easy to rebuild, but I'm wondering how the lo and hi adjustment screws should be set? I would assume turn them all the way in, then out about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 turns? or is one different than the other? I am ok running it without the electric starter on it, right? and finally, how do I know when the rubber paddels need replaced? there is about an 1/8" gap, maybe slight more between the edge of the flaps and the ground, are they shot? Can anything else be serviced on it, such as bearings in the auger (repacking with grease)? I can get the paddles for $10 a piece, about $11 for the carb kit, and maybe a few bucks for a spark plug, I'm thinking it might be worth getting running, provided I don't need to get a starter for it. Not worried about reselling it, I just want it for cleaning off my sidewalks and driveway (fits 3 cars). I think I'm putting my spending limit at $50 for this thing since its so old and I can find newer ones for under $100 on craigslist that run. Oh, and one final question, is there a fuel filter in the tank? Just wondering if it would be smart to replace the fuel lines and filter if it has one. The belt looks half decent yet. Thanks guys. I will get pics when I can.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey guys, haven't been on here in awhile. A guy at work had two toro snowblowers, an S620 and an S200. He said if I help him get the S620 running, I can have the S200. Anyways, the one hes giving me is pretty rough looking. Its missing the electric starter, but I figure I can still use it with the pull start. I'm gonna rebuild the carb right away, but I have a few questions. First, if I looked this thing up right, its a 1979 model? Model number is 38130, Serial number is 9093448. Second, these carbs look pretty easy to rebuild, but I'm wondering how the lo and hi adjustment screws should be set? I would assume turn them all the way in, then out about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 turns? or is one different than the other? I am ok running it without the electric starter on it, right? and finally, how do I know when the rubber paddels need replaced? there is about an 1/8" gap, maybe slight more between the edge of the flaps and the ground, are they shot? Can anything else be serviced on it, such as bearings in the auger (repacking with grease)? I can get the paddles for $10 a piece, about $11 for the carb kit, and maybe a few bucks for a spark plug, I'm thinking it might be worth getting running, provided I don't need to get a starter for it. Not worried about reselling it, I just want it for cleaning off my sidewalks and driveway (fits 3 cars). I think I'm putting my spending limit at $50 for this thing since its so old and I can find newer ones for under $100 on craigslist that run. Oh, and one final question, is there a fuel filter in the tank? Just wondering if it would be smart to replace the fuel lines and filter if it has one. The belt looks half decent yet. Thanks guys. I will get pics when I can.

If your going to use it I would replace paddles and scraper bar just makes your life easy. When i adjust a carb Ive never seen i start at one turn out. Probably doesnt need electric starter. if belt looks good leave it. probably a screen in the tank i would either remove it or remove fuel line and blow it backwards. new fuel lines are always good i suggest inline fuel filter.