Toro recycler 22" start but does not stay running

Nem

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro recycler 22" start but does not stay running
Hi,

I have a 2011 149cc Toro recycler 22" front drive mower that would start but does not stay running. Please help...

It all started a week ago when it would not start at all. I check for fuel and open the air filter box and notice that my air filter was warp and smell like gas. I didn't think much of it... I went to the store and bought a new air filter, top of the gas tank and it worked fine. This week, I went to start it again and it started fine. After about30 mins of run time, the engine start to bog down and finally stop. I forgot to fill the tank completely full. So, I hope in my car to the nearest gas station for some fuel. Got home, filled it up and it would start, but after 2 or 3 seconds it would just die. I try to start it again and again for about 30 mins and it would just keep doing the same thing. Start for 2 or 3 seconds and then die again. I open the air filter box and did not notice anything. So I left it in the garage and try again the next day. The next day, I notice some gas was leaking from the air box onto the filter and cause it to warp again. Not too much, just a little. I tried to start it again and it still did not want to stay running. Not sure what the issue is, please help. Thanks.

My lots size is about 8000 sq. ft. with a small incline on it.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your having carb issues. I recommend cleaning the carb and putting overhaul kit on it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Clean and rebuild the carb with a new float needle and seat. Part number 631021B.

Nem

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I ll try repairing the carb and will let you know if it works.

maz94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I have a 2011 149cc Toro recycler 22" front drive mower that would start but does not stay running. Please help...

It all started a week ago when it would not start at all. I check for fuel and open the air filter box and notice that my air filter was warp and smell like gas. I didn't think much of it... I went to the store and bought a new air filter, top of the gas tank and it worked fine. This week, I went to start it again and it started fine. After about30 mins of run time, the engine start to bog down and finally stop. I forgot to fill the tank completely full. So, I hope in my car to the nearest gas station for some fuel. Got home, filled it up and it would start, but after 2 or 3 seconds it would just die. I try to start it again and again for about 30 mins and it would just keep doing the same thing. Start for 2 or 3 seconds and then die again. I open the air filter box and did not notice anything. So I left it in the garage and try again the next day. The next day, I notice some gas was leaking from the air box onto the filter and cause it to warp again. Not too much, just a little. I tried to start it again and it still did not want to stay running. Not sure what the issue is, please help. Thanks.

My lots size is about 8000 sq. ft. with a small incline on it.