Toro Personal Pace Lawnmower leaking oil at Breather Assembly (I think)

thacman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro Personal Pace Lawnmower leaking oil at Breather Assembly (I think)
I have a Toro Personal Pace Lanwmower with a 6.5 HP Tecumseh engive 195 cc (Model LV195XA). I've been getting oil leaks dripping down from the top of the engine but couldn't tell where it was coming from. I do not overfill with oil. I took the top off and cleaned it all up so I could see where exactly it was leaking. After starting it and letting it run a bit, the oil started running down from the top where the breather assembly is which doesn't look to be a tight seal (can lift it up a little). Please see pictures. Is this something that can be fixed and if so, how much would a small engine repair shop charge for it (approx). Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Toro_oil_leak.jpg
    Toro_oil_leak.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 40

thacman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Personal Pace Lanwmower with a 6.5 HP Tecumseh engive 195 cc (Model LV195XA). I've been getting oil leaks dripping down from the top of the engine but couldn't tell where it was coming from. I do not overfill with oil. I took the top off and cleaned it all up so I could see where exactly it was leaking. After starting it and letting it run a bit, the oil started running down from the top where the breather assembly is which doesn't look to be a tight seal (can lift it up a little). Please see pictures. Is this something that can be fixed and if so, how much would a small engine repair shop charge for it (approx). Any help would be appreciated.[does anyone have any advice?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The best option would be to replace the breather assembly. They get hardened after years of use. if you have the engine torn down that far, all you have to do is remove the flywheel, pry out the oil breather and pop in the new one. Shouldn't have to go to repair shop for that if you have any mechanical ability. From a small engine perspective, I would say you are looking at anything between $40-70 depending on labor rate plus parts.

thacman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick response ILENGINE. I've never removed the flywheel before but I'll check that out or take it to a local engine repair shop.