Toro commercial

Talleyrand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone I'm a first time homeowner. I was shopping for a used lawnmower and I noticed the toro commercial proline at a shop near my home. it was in excellent shape but they wanted $900. i thought that was too high for a used lawnmower so i walked out. The clerk mentioned that the owner had died and they were closing the shop next week. The next day I decided to call to see if they were going to have a sell before they closed and she said she would sell me the mower for $450 cash. I rushed over to purchase the mower. I'm not familiar with Toro and I did a little research online and they seem to be popular. I would appreciate any information from anyone who owns a Toro or anyone that has used them. The lawnmower is a Toro commercial proline model#22172. i included some pics as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0265.jpg
    IMAG0265.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 44

dfbrown

Threads
Hi everyone I'm a first time homeowner. I was shopping for a used lawnmower and I noticed the toro commercial proline at a shop near my home. it was in excellent shape but they wanted $900. i thought that was too high for a used lawnmower so i walked out. The clerk mentioned that the owner had died and they were closing the shop next week. The next day I decided to call to see if they were going to have a sell before they closed and she said she would sell me the mower for $450 cash. I rushed over to purchase the mower. I'm not familiar with Toro and I did a little research online and they seem to be popular. I would appreciate any information from anyone who owns a Toro or anyone that has used them. The lawnmower is a Toro commercial proline model#22172. i included some pics as well.
Those are really good lawn mowers. Good buy I would buy it for 450. The kawasaki engines are good, they bag pretty nice but sometimes can get clogged with that set up that toro does. I see it has the blade brake stop which is real cool so the engine runs but not the blade so when you empty the bag you dont loose your hand in the process. 3 speeds trans is nice but you will probably keep it in 2nd gear 90% of the time. The wheels are ball bearing with semi pnumatic tires that roll over stuff real real nice. If you keep air filter clean, change oil and keep blade sharp those mowers last a long long time especially if you are just using it once a week on your own lawn. Kinda like a machine gun to a water fight. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

tarheelman

Forum Newbie
Threads

You got a terrific deal on that mower. Like dfbrown said, if you change the oil regularly, keep the air filter clean, and keep the blade sharp, it'll last a very long time. (It's made for harsh daily commercial use, so it's built like a tank.)

If I had the opportunity to get a well maintained, late model ProLine like that one for $450, I'd definitely buy it. You'll love using it. :thumbsup:

andy135

Threads
Those are really good lawn mowers. Good buy I would buy it for 450. The kawasaki engines are good, they bag pretty nice but sometimes can get clogged with that set up that toro does. I see it has the blade brake stop which is real cool so the engine runs but not the blade so when you empty the bag you dont loose your hand in the process. 3 speeds trans is nice but you will probably keep it in 2nd gear 90% of the time. The wheels are ball bearing with semi pnumatic tires that roll over stuff real real nice. If you keep air filter clean, change oil and keep blade sharp those mowers last a long long time especially if you are just using it once a week on your own lawn. Kinda like a machine gun to a water fight. Good Luck!:thumbsup:
I work on both the Honda HR215sx and the Toro blade brake system. Seems the Honda is still a better system with a heavy spring loaded clutch plate like the automotive while the Toro is a belt drive system. I found a ball bearing pulley under the deck can worn out if not well lube. The Toro is easier to handle than my heavy Honda though.

dfbrown

Threads
I work on both the Honda HR215sx and the Toro blade brake system. Seems the Honda is still a better system with a heavy spring loaded clutch plate like the automotive while the Toro is a belt drive system. I found a ball bearing pulley under the deck can worn out if not well lube. The Toro is easier to handle than my heavy Honda though.

I think those toro commercial proline 21" and honda hrc216hxa's are both awsome mowers. They both have there highs and lows but only thing with the hondas, just way too freekin heavy and almost too rigid over like roots and uneven grass. There is no mower that rolls over stuff like a toro proline with those nice semi-pnumatic tires. toro is more simple stupid method and honda has a little more going on but both are great machines.