Toro 21462 with B&S Sputters

FlaMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro 21462 that is about 1 year old with B&S engine 104M0200010F1. On occasion while mowing and the engine is warmed up, it will sputter for a split second - like it's going to shut off but then immediately resumes. It's more annoying than a problem, but with only a year warranty left, I want to make sure if a part is defective, I replace it now. I did find a similar issue at https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/new-super-recycler-sputtering-issue.64889/page-2, and it references a possible service bulletin DSB-113/DBS-114. Perhaps replace carb? Un-attach and re-attach spark plug boot until it clicks? I have replaced the plug (which re-attached the boot) but no change. I run only ethanol free gas and it works fine in my other 4 cycle engines. Anyone have any other ideas or had the same problem?

FlaMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the response, Mark. To clarify, I only use ethanol free gas (E0, 89 octane) that is no more than 30 days old. I have other 4 cycles engines, including the Toro lawn mower this one replaced, and none of them have this " sputter" "stumble". The mower does not shut off, just a quick miss then it resumes running. It's very erratic, no way I can make it do this on a regular basis. I will try the fuel treatment and let you know how it goes. Do you have access to the service bulletins listed above, and if so, what do they say? The reason I am raising this concern is IF the carb is faulty, I would like to find out while it's under warranty. Thanks