Topsy turvy

RockHound

Threads
I've made my own with 5 gallon buckets. They're not quite as pretty but they do the job. The only thing I experience that was a problem was one of the tomato plants I planted twisted in the wind so much, it twisted off with a lot of blooms on it and some small tomatoes.

damitray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't waste your money,,plant them in the ground.....:thumbdown:

ReggieDeere

Threads
I have always planted my garden in the conventional method. This sounds interesting, I think I'll buy one and try it out. I'll put a tomato plant in there and see what happens.:smile:

Has anyone ever used one of these? I think the concept is really cool, what do you folks all think? I bought one to put on my deck with some tomatoes and parsley in it.

monica123

Threads
I have has plants in mine now for over a week and it seems to be doing fantastic. Of the 8 slots I had to poke a plant into, only lost 1 plant and it was a questionable one I planted anyway.

harleyron74

Threads
I've heard of people using A 5 gal. bucket with A hole in the bottom and having better luck as more potting soil is used so it won't dry out as fast.
I did'nt put in A garden this year as I am hoping to sell this place and move to a place with a 30X60 FT. Lester pole barn. It has 4.86 acres (I currently have 5.25 acres) but they are all useable. My land has A 1.50 acre swamp (Or as the real estate agent calls it "A wetland") It's not good for much but I do have mosquitoes as big as hummingbirds.

Good Luck!
H.R.

monica123

Threads
I am impressed at how well mine is doing. It is really coming along. I am sure the rain has helped as it as it has been raining for days. I have attached a picture for you to see.

Attachments

• garden after the rain 002.jpg
    garden after the rain 002.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 2