Tipping S240

mexbilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to tip my S240 mower on its side. Carb and exhaust are in middle front. Dip Stick is on left side. to which side should I tip it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is never recommended to place a tractor on its side. What are you trying to accomplish?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stand it up on its bum
You tip engines so the crankcase is down so the oil can run into it and not the carb or exhaust .
Just be careful about other fluids that can leak out, petrol, battery etc .

mexbilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys. I bought a VOUNOT Ride on Lawn mower lift jack for lawn tractors and garden tractors listed on Amazon. It tips mower on side instead of end.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That makes big difference, wish you would have said that in the first post. With that unit I would never lift any higher than absolutely necessary, MAX I would go is 30 degrees. Tip with the dipstick tube down and clamp off the fuel line to the carb first.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
That makes big difference, wish you would have said that in the first post. With that unit I would never lift any higher than absolutely necessary, MAX I would go is 30 degrees. Tip with the dipstick tube down and clamp off the fuel line to the carb first.
Put jack stands under mower, and something to stabilize the other side from going all the way over if bumped.