Tires timecutter 42" no traction

toro z

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thinking of putting on the bigger tires 18x9.50x8.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm a fan of bigger tires... But not necessarily for increased traction...
I have found that Over inflation is usually the cause of lost traction. :smile:KennyV

earthworm

Threads
I'm a fan of bigger tires... But not necessarily for increased traction...
I have found that Over inflation is usually the cause of lost traction. :smile:KennyV
And no response from the OP ?
The trouble with many of these mowers is that they use one-wheel drive (like automobiles).....so, poor traction is no surprise...neither is not telling the truth about this "one-wheel drive" ..
Maybe the commercial $10,000 mowers do have two-wheel drive...??...

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
And no response from the OP ?
The trouble with many of these mowers is that they use one-wheel drive (like automobiles).....so, poor traction is no surprise...neither is not telling the truth about this "one-wheel drive" ..
Maybe the commercial $10,000 mowers do have two-wheel drive...??...
Nope....the Timecutter as well as ALL Zero Turn mowers have an individual tranny on each rear wheel, unlike some of the lawn tractor "hydro" trannies that have one side drive9except for those with a locking differential). But 99% of lawn 'tractors" are like you said but ALL ZTR's have "two wheel drive".

earthworm

Threads
Nope....the Timecutter as well as ALL Zero Turn mowers have an individual tranny on each rear wheel, unlike some of the lawn tractor "hydro" trannies that have one side drive9except for those with a locking differential). But 99% of lawn 'tractors" are like you said but ALL ZTR's have "two wheel drive".

Thanks for the response...Now I am straight on this, the "tractor" has been replaced with a Simplicity 16 44 ZT .