TIME TO CUT BACK!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ive reached critical mass!...i have too many mowers!.....they're getting in the way of each other and everything else.......im going to sell off most of them...so i can concentrate on the ones i love the most.....and my trucks which seem to be falling apart every 2 weeks :frown:....also the repair business is maxing out too......no worries...theres next year....i can build another army then! :laughing:....pictured are sacrifices

Attachments

• IMG_0560[1].jpg
    IMG_0560[1].jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0832[1].jpg
    IMG_0832[1].jpg
    288 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0689[1].jpg
    IMG_0689[1].jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0748[1].jpg
    IMG_0748[1].jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0728[1].jpg
    IMG_0728[1].jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0627[1].jpg
    IMG_0627[1].jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 48

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
these are the keepers!...

Attachments

• IMG_0737[1].jpg
    IMG_0737[1].jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0897[2].jpg
    IMG_0897[2].jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0901[1].jpg
    IMG_0901[1].jpg
    244 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0900[1].jpg
    IMG_0900[1].jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 27

Black Bart

Threads
HMMmm Sounds like the wife has had a talk with you. :biggrin:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
ive had a few conversations :laughing:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
ive had a few conversations :laughing:
When you show her the positive return on the meager investment, she'll be aksing you: "Why aren't you out looking for mowers?"
You may be better off letting her sell them while you catch up on the other stuff. If she is anything like my last wife she will get top dollar.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
it may sound crazy....but half the time i sell mowers ...its to women!.....im thinking i can paint some pink and and tap into a new market.....ive had women mention a number of times...."why dont you put flowers on or offer them in girl colors?"....maybe ill start listening.......they're out there mowing like everybody else.....sometimes more!

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
it may sound crazy....but half the time i sell mowers ...its to women!.....im thinking i can paint some pink and and tap into a new market.....ive had women mention a number of times...."why dont you put flowers on or offer them in girl colors?"....maybe ill start listening.......they're out there mowing like everybody else.....sometimes more!

You know.....I can't tell you how many guys have told me how much thier wives like cutting the grass. It's happening just 1 house away, The guy has a Husquarvna and his wife is on it every Saturday, even during the drought.
I say do it before you find someone else has done it and you're saying "I wish I had acted on that Idea".
How about these skins or wraps that can be applied like a decal in high resolution. You might add 200$ to the purchase price with a 59$ wrap.
Great Idea

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
MOWING IS A GREAT ESCAPE....WHEN YOUR DOING IT ...PEOPLE LEAVE YOU THE HELL ALONE!....FOR A WHILE AT LEAST :laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ive reached critical mass!...i have too many mowers!.....they're getting in the way of each other and everything else.......im going to sell off most of them...so i can concentrate on the ones i love the most.....and my trucks which seem to be falling apart every 2 weeks :frown:....also the repair business is maxing out too......no worries...theres next year....i can build another army then! :laughing:....pictured are sacrifices

I've been thinking the same thing -- I've got so many mowers that I'm backed up with projects to work on them. I'm not in selling mode, however. I've just decided to stop buying so rapidly. I saw an interesting two-stroke Toro on Craig's List last week but I was able to resist checking it out -- mainly because it was located about 30 miles away.

Do you collect only riding mowers? I'm sort of the opposite -- I collect only two-stroke push mowers.

I'm interested in why you chose to keep certain ones and sell others.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
I HAD BOTH TYPES FOR A WHILE...BUT IM KINDA ATTACHED TO THE RIDERS...I HATE SELLING TOO..I LIKE THE THE TREASURE HUNT OF IT ALL AND WATCHING SOMETHING COME BACK TO LIFE.........I GUESS I KEEP THE ONES THAT NEED MORE WORK AND ARN'T SALEABLE OR IF I IT FEELS RIGHT ....SOME MOWERS HAVE BAD VIBE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING RID OF...........THERES ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF OF THE SEASON LEFT UP HERE TOO AND I NEED TO THINK ABOUT WINTER .....AS MUCH AS I HATE TO..:smile: