Throttle down

motime

Threads
My 145 came with the house I bought. I always throttle down and let it run for a minute or so before turning off. Good or bad for engine? Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is in the Kawasaki engine manual as proper shut down procedure. I think Kaw has a clue about this.

As well as letting it warm up a bit & only throttle to almost 1/2, then engage the blades, then open throttle WFO, it is easier on the blade clutch pack for engagement.

I mean you don't floor your truck/ car or whatever stick shift, then engage the clutch. Right ?

motime

Threads
That is in the Kawasaki engine manual as proper shut down procedure. I think Kaw has a clue about this.

As well as letting it warm up a bit & only throttle to almost 1/2, then engage the blades, then open throttle WFO, it is easier on the blade clutch pack for engagement.

I mean you don't floor your truck/ car or whatever stick shift, then engage the clutch. Right ?
Thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it's a splash lube engine, BAD. Even with full pressure lube, why risk it. Rev the sucker. Floor it, wait, not supposed to do that. LOL Joking of course.

slomo

motime

Threads
Thanks. It's a B&S 22 hp. Not sure if that's a splash lube engine.