This is what the F1 drivers fly.

rer

Threads
I saw one of the F1 drivers planes at Austin Bergstrom Intergalactic airport the other day, and thought yall might want to see it. The Piaggio Avanti or P180 twin turboprop.

Attachments

• airoplane 006.jpg
    airoplane 006.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 10
  • airoplane 007.jpg
    airoplane 007.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 12

173abn

Threads
rer,that is one sweet bird.I love planes,I'll sit out on my deck and watch the high flyers through my binocs....russ

rer

Threads
Well here is another few birds for you Russ. I think the first is a Beechcraft and then the 152 i was shooting touch and gos in.

Attachments

• airoplane 005.jpg
    airoplane 005.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 7
  • airoplane 008.jpg
    airoplane 008.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 5

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
On the subject of Formula One, there's a good movie out now: Senna -- a documentary about one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, Ayrton Senna. It's a must-see for anyone into motor racing, not just F1 fans.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have never understood the appeal of motor sports or drag racing, or any other kind of automotive speed competition, and I love cars. Detroit used to brag that what they developed to win stock car races was put into production cars. today, NO WAY. To me the vast majority of motor sports are simply a waste of fuel reserves.

173abn

Threads
rer,back in my Army days got to jump out a little one like that 152.thanks...russ

benski

Threads
Have never understood the appeal of motor sports or drag racing, or any other kind of automotive speed competition, and I love cars. Detroit used to brag that what they developed to win stock car races was put into production cars. today, NO WAY. To me the vast majority of motor sports are simply a waste of fuel reserves.

For some reason, watching people turn left leaves me cold. Watching people go on a road course, with closely matched cars, is good stuff for me.:confused2: