There are bargains out there...

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
You just have to look for them!

This morning at 10AM I went to my local recycling store (the equivalent of America's Goodwill store) because yesterday when I was there I saw a bargain Vacuum Cleaner.

I didn't pay much attention to it yesterday, as I knew I wouldn't be able to get it, because for one I was on my bike, and two, I hadn't brought enough money, but this morning I headed off with the correct money and without my bike.

The Vacuum Cleaner was still there, much to my relief, and it is a:

1993 Philips U800 Upright 800 Watt in Immaculate Condition!

The best bit ? The price - £5/$10!

I got it home, and found it needed a bag, and a belt (there wasn't a bag fitted, and the belt was so worn there was no grip on the brush roll at all).

So, one bag and one belt later, I cleaned the outside up with a damp cloth, and gave it a test vacuum...

Yep, she's a good 'un! :thumbsup:

Well, I now have 7 Vacuum Cleaners... I wonder when I'll find the 8th... :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'll post some pictures of it soon if anybody is interested in my find.

Parkmower

Threads
Yours must be the cleanest castle in Scotland. ;-)

Bison

Threads
Some people have strange hobbies.:confused2:
Collecting vac cleaners got to be one of them :wink:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

It's not a full time thing....got to have time to bake cookies. :wink:

Hey, I've got a 1st generation Kirby that is over 50 years old. You can have it, if you want it. Next time your in the states...come on by..... don't forget the Usquebaugh!
It's been in the garage for 5 years but it still works even the light works.....errr it did last time I fired it up.

Bison

Threads
Actually,"this" is what i call a bargain!

1993 Belarus 925 (105 hp) front assist,826 orig hours,always shedded. Price....$4000.-
Yes i bought it :wink:

Attachments

• belarus tractor 925 003.jpg
    belarus tractor 925 003.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 18

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually,"this" is what i call a bargain!

1993 Belarus 925 (105 hp) front assist,826 orig hours,always shedded. Price....$4000.-
Yes i bought it :wink:
WOW! Couldn't pass that one up!

Can you get parts for it.? That is an Eastern European machine right?
That is a really good price. I paid more than that for my 35hp Ford/New Holland with a loader...900 hours.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I don't see it as a strange hobby, my father collected sewing machines and vacuum cleaners when he was living and well into his 80,s. I still have a couple of them still sitting around nor knowing what to do with them. As I remember most of them went into the salvage yard when he died seeing I didn't know what to do with them then. I see lawn mower collectors on this forum and to me I see no use in them but they do. I started to collect old outboard boat motors and my wife keeps saying to me what the H--- are you going to do with them, I tell her put them in a drum of water and hear them run. I guess the fun to me is get them running nothing else.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I don't see it as a strange hobby, my father collected sewing machines and vacuum cleaners when he was living and well into his 80,s. I still have a couple of them still sitting around nor knowing what to do with them. As I remember most of them went into the salvage yard when he died seeing I didn't know what to do with them then. I see lawn mower collectors on this forum and to me I see no use in them but they do. I started to collect old outboard boat motors and my wife keeps saying to me what the H--- are you going to do with them, I tell her put them in a drum of water and hear them run. I guess the fun to me is get them running nothing else.
It's a shame you're "across the pond", because I would take them off your hands!

It isn't every bodies hobby, but for some reason it is just something I like doing, and it gives me satisfaction, especially getting a Vacuum Cleaner that needs a bit of work and seeing it get back to its former glory again.

My oldest Vacuum Cleaner I own is a 1977 Hoover Senior/Convertible in absolute brand new condition, and I'd love to own some other cleaners from that era, and some day, I will!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a shame you're "across the pond", because I would take them off your hands!

It isn't every bodies hobby, but for some reason it is just something I like doing, and it gives me satisfaction, especially getting a Vacuum Cleaner that needs a bit of work and seeing it get back to its former glory again.

My oldest Vacuum Cleaner I own is a 1977 Hoover Senior/Convertible in absolute brand new condition, and I'd love to own some other cleaners from that era, and some day, I will!

Across the pond and he died 25 years ago. He had some so old that you had to pump them by hand. I really didn't have a use for them back then, he must of had over 50 of them and all kinds of parts that went into the trash. I for one would love to see your collection, even if you E-mail me reynoldston@hotmail.com. Nick