The Beginning of Fury

Murry Furry

Threads
I started this project in mid January.
Febuary tenth i got a ignition and a solinoid. At this point i still though it was going to have a electric start.
On the thirteenth i found a starter for fifty dollars.
On the fifteenth i got the money together to buy it.When i went to get it, my buddy couldn't find it. So he sold me a manual recoil for ten bucks. The next day after school i put it on.
On the twenty-fourth of Feb i was tightening the shroud, and freeing up the motor. i gave it a good pull to see what i could do, and the remaining fuel in the bowl got sucked in, and the thing gave a weak pop. i still don't know how it works, i just know it dose. there are no wires hooked up to any type of ignition. it just has its internal wirering.
On the twenty-fifth i got the motor started, and run. i didn't have a fuel line. i just primed the motor and pulled to start it. i started it three times, and then went home to do more planning.
Yesterday i rigged the tank in place and ran a make shift gas line. then i started it, and ran the motor for a good ten minutes.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I started this project in mid January.
Febuary tenth i got a ignition and a solinoid. At this point i still though it was going to have a electric start.
On the thirteenth i found a starter for fifty dollars.
On the fifteenth i got the money together to buy it.When i went to get it, my buddy couldn't find it. So he sold me a manual recoil for ten bucks. The next day after school i put it on.
On the twenty-fourth of Feb i was tightening the shroud, and freeing up the motor. i gave it a good pull to see what i could do, and the remaining fuel in the bowl got sucked in, and the thing gave a weak pop. i still don't know how it works, i just know it dose. there are no wires hooked up to any type of ignition. it just has its internal wirering.
On the twenty-fifth i got the motor started, and run. i didn't have a fuel line. i just primed the motor and pulled to start it. i started it three times, and then went home to do more planning.
Yesterday i rigged the tank in place and ran a make shift gas line. then i started it, and ran the motor for a good ten minutes.

Congrats on the progress of Fury, how do you manage to work on it during wintertime? Got a heated area for that? I would LOVE to have one of those myself.

Murry Furry

Threads
i do work in a heated shop, but i also do snow removel, and have had to fix equipment outsite. it is all about your mind set, and keeping moving. Exsept for that snow storm a few weeks ago. that was just terrible. and yes i had to repair a atv in it, and help people get unstuck.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
have had to fix equipment outsite. it is all about your mind set, and keeping moving

If you can find some enjoyment in what you are doing it's easy to overlook some discomfort...
Just focus on the end result of what you are doing and you'll get through almost anything... :smile:KennyV

dannycrensh

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you can find some enjoyment in what you are doing it's easy to overlook some discomfort...
Just focus on the end result of what you are doing and you'll get through almost anything... :smile:KennyV

Love the quote Kenny. It's so true. I believe this is the DIY forum. So here goes, I would like to be able to do some quick sprays of chemicals while mowing. Has anyone had experience with mowers that have some sort of hypro pump that are attached? Thanks in advance!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anyone had experience with mowers that have some sort of hypro pump that are attached? Thanks in advance!

Hypro makes good pumps.. what are you mowing with and how much chemical are you planning to carry with you while mowing? :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad to see you posting again Murry ! :biggrin: I hope I haven't just been missing your posts. It's nice to see someone young that will actually do some work.:thumbsup: (I know that there are some, just seems less now days).

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey BK, maybe we need to start hinting to the other members here to start using LARGE PRINT FOR ALL OF US OLD GUYS WITH FAILING EYES. Sent from mobile.