Temp and Oil Gauge installation

kermit911

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Craftsman DLT 3000 "917.273460" and I would like to install an oil and temp gauge. I figured out how to install an oil pressure gauge, but I'm not sure how to install the temp sensor. For the oil pressure sensor there is a plug behind the oil filter that you can screw the sensor into, but this is an air cooled engine, any idea where I might be able to install the temp sensor?

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

tankdriver

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Craftsman DLT 3000 "917.273460" and I would like to install an oil and temp gauge. I figured out how to install an oil pressure gauge, but I'm not sure how to install the temp sensor. For the oil pressure sensor there is a plug behind the oil filter that you can screw the sensor into, but this is an air cooled engine, any idea where I might be able to install the temp sensor?

Thanks
Dave

Here's one on Amazon for 9 bucks that is digital, up to 257. Has a remote sensor, will work on 12vt.

Amazon.com: Blue LED Temperature Display External Sensor: Everything Else

kermit911

Threads
Thanks Tank, I have a temp sensor, I'm just trying to figure out where to put the sensor on the engine. Any ideas?

Dave

tankdriver

Threads
A head bolt would give you the truest reading. But anywhere on the head should be close.

kermit911

Threads
Thank you, that's perfect.

Dave