Tekumseh Engine shuts off when the blades turn on.

alexanderRuskov

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a problem with my tractor mower. When the blades are lowered and working, revs begin to drop and the mower shuts off.
The traktor has 2 blades.
The engine is tecumseh, 12hp.
The carburetor is cleaned and the spark plug is sparking.
If anyone knows anything about the problem, please write.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Something is causing a load on the engine. First thing I would check is the PTO belt. Is it worn, sitting to low in the pulleys? Is the belt routed properly? Then, check to see that the spindles and bearings are in good condition and spinning freely.

alexanderRuskov

Forum Newbie
Threads
Something is causing a load on the engine. First thing I would check is the PTO belt. Is it worn, sitting to low in the pulleys? Is the belt routed properly? Then, check to see that the spindles and bearings are in good condition and spinning freely.
all belts are in good condition, ive also checked the safety switch it is also ok

alexanderRuskov

Forum Newbie
Threads
i can post photos of the tractor and the engine tomorrow

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Even an experienced tech have trouble telling if a belt is good by looking for them. When was the last time the belt was changed? If over 3 years it is probably worn. From your description I doubt it you have an electrical problem. Have you removed the deck and checked the blades, pulleys and spindles? Also check to see if the spindle brakes are releasing. When posting back be sure to include the units model and serial numbers, plus the engine model and spec numbers.

alexanderRuskov

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thata the engine, the model is: 0V358EA
1708622205191.png

Attachments

• 20240222_160359.jpg
    20240222_160359.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 1

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also need unit numbers. Look under the seat.