tecumseh engine need to know where to get manunal

noma

Threads
Hi

I'm going to try and salvage a mower that when throught the water a flood.I have drained the oil and removed the fuel tank that has some kind of a liner in it so it doesn't drain very well so i'm going to have to figure out how to do that. It turns over so i think if i take the carb and intake off and take apart and clean it it might just run. Well her is the engine numbers model OHH50 68002 F
engine family WTPXS.1721 AA
displacement 172
D.O.M witch is date of mfg 9342 K

So was this engine mfg before 2004 or after i need to find me a manunal if any one know where to get one on line that would be great

indypower

Threads
engine was made April 2 1993.

noma

Threads
Thanks Kenneyv

Was that a engine tecumseh was not to proud of there isn't much i can find for manunal about it. That carb looks like its one there is no adjustment to it, think i will just take bowl cover of and take float and needle an out and spray it good with carb cleaner and see what happens. Get all the water out of it. Wonder what carb is on there.. Well thanks again Kenney ,got to get ready for work

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was that a engine tecumseh was not to proud of there isn't much i can find for it.

Sometimes with Tecumseh I have wondered if they ever made an engine they were proud of...:biggrin:
It is definitely not one of my first pick engines. I have always had carb problems develop...

mumptia... Excellent manual... thanks ... I did not have that one... I've saves it, Looks like it could come in handy... :smile:KennyV

mumptia

Threads
Sometimes with Tecumseh I have wondered if they ever made an engine they were proud of...:biggrin:
It is definitely not one of my first pick engines. I have always had carb problems develop...

mumptia... Excellent manual... thanks ... I did not have that one... I've saves it, Looks like it could come in handy... :smile:KennyV

I agree. Tecumseh has the the ability to raise the ol blood pressure pretty quick.

I think Tecumseh means "finnicky"

noma

Threads
Re: tecumseh engine need to know about carb

Hi All

Well i'm still working on that mower i'm trying to salvage i found a manaual for it now i need to know if i have the right carb number fot it. I took the carb off and took it apart,then cleaned it with a can of carb cleaner. But i need a carb kit for it and just want to make sure i have the right carb number for it In the tecumseh book they just give you a bunch of pictures and that how you figure out what carb you have so i think it's series 8 or 9 in this book but not sure (one hell of a deal).There are these number on carb are 5023 J9H On the bottom by the float there are these numbers 811-0312 and a 8K. I have some pictures for you to look at to thanks for looking and any comments are welcome, just no you dumb-ass ones.

Attachments

• tecumseh4.jpg
    tecumseh4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10
  • tecumseh2.jpg
    tecumseh2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 11
  • tecumseh1.jpg
    tecumseh1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 11

ShelbyGT660

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to bring up a old thread, but can someone repost that manual? Link is dead

Thanks