Techumseh LEV120-3610044B will NOT start HELP

Denzil

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman Eager 1, 6.5 hp. Have been using mower for about 18 months. Mower is about 6 years old. I got it used. Up to now the only problems have been it needs 20-30 pumps of primer to start and sometimes will die after about 30 seconds or try to die in thick grass. Usually would restart but a few times I had to remove the brass bolt in the bottom of float bowl and clean out holes and it would start right back up.

This time it started right up but died after about 30 seconds and will not restart. I have cleaned out the bolt. Removed carb and cleaned every hole I could find. Tested coil and could not see spark so I put in a new coil and spark plug. Gapped the coil using a business card. I now see spark with or without the kill wire attached to the coil but still will not start. Fuel is getting to the carb and float is working as if I remove bolt fuel will continue to run out bottom of float bowl.

New parts...air cleaner, spark plug, coil, and primer bulb

I have air, spark and fuel. Any ideas on what I am overlooking? Any advice is appreciated Thanks

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would re-clean the carb and fit a carb kit, but before you do that check if you have good compression.

Denzil

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions and the manual. I will get to work after doing a bit of reading.