Tail Light(s)

Blade Runner

Threads
Thanks. I am amazed at how bright the LEDs are and yet my battery remains charged.

chad22

Threads
When I was 10 years old. (I'm 24 now) I put a trailer light kit on a lawn tractor. I had it wired up for tail lights, brake lights and turn signals. Sadly I had to scrap the mower as my dad accidentally backed over it one day with his tow truck when It was just sitting in the yard.

He lost his brakes on the truck while he was backing the tow truck up.

Wish I had a camera then. I would have took pics.

Chad

Blade Runner

Threads
Being able to turn at least one of the tail lights into a working brake light would be cool.
Below are the LED tail lights I put on my Harley. I had to install a gizmo to have the LEDs work with the bulb lights.

Attachments

• Chrome Harley LED Tail Lights.JPG
    Chrome Harley LED Tail Lights.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 11

chad22

Threads
On the brake lights. For the switch I rigged a brake light switch from an old pickup that my dad scrapped out. I made it work just like it would in the truck. So when you pressed the clutch/brake pedal on the mower it would push the switch in and the lights would turn on.

On the turn signals I used a 3 way toggle switch hooked to a standard flasher out of the same pickup. It was pretty neat.

I have an old sears lawn tractor that I might have to rig that up again. If I do add the turn signals, brake lights and tail lights to it. I'll post a video of it.

Chad

Snapperfreak

Threads
I think that whole light set up on a tractor would be cool. OK it's settled...u have to get that all mounted up and wired and post the pics!:smile:

Blade Runner

Threads
Installed two more LED tail lights for a total of 3. I have the Blazer 4" Running Board Light in the middle. Then I added a Blazer 2" mini running board light on both sides and below the 4" LED. It looks like it has two tail lights and a brake light :biggrin: I also added 2 yellow reflectors on each side of mower for a total of 4. The yellow reflectors match the Poulan Pro yellow for a stock, yet upgraded look.

I wanted to put all 3 lights on the rear fender. But, I would have had to add ground wires for all 3 lights and the lights would not mount correctly with the rounded fender without some fabrication (may do something off season). Noticed that the 2" lights seem brighter than the 4" light???? See pic of lights below.

Attachments

• Poulan Pro 3 LED tail lights.jpg
    Poulan Pro 3 LED tail lights.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 15
Threads
Thanks for the info! I picked up a pair of led taillights, that I am putting them on a Ford LGT 100. Its kinda big tractor that should look good on. Again thanks.