T2500 / 917.20378 Rear Axle issues/leaking

jbugj

Threads
If it uses grease like Star says, I'd drill a hole for a grease zerk, and then pump a lot of grease in. Grease generally separates just a little bit to liquid, so you still may have leakage, but it should stop any parts wear. Put a cardboard under it...

This, I believe, is the cheapest and easiest way to go if you just want it running and operable as long as possible, and at the cheapest cost, with the easiest fix.

I wouldn't buy expensive grease, maybe someone can say what cheaper type of grease to use.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just think it can look this bad and still the unit won't need any added grease.
1704562106310.png

MowerNick

Threads
Read this before adding and the seal number is gt41857-b

Attachments

• RS800 Add grease into unit.pdf
    724.3 KB · Views: 20

jbugj

Threads
Just think it can look this bad and still the unit won't need any added grease.
View attachment 67547
Was that the OP's picture? Likely the OP's leak is not that bad. I would try a zerk on a machine that I wouldn't want to put a lot of work into...and maybe stack a bunch of felt washers between the wheel and the case to slow to almost nothing.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You those felt washers are probably going cost more than the $6 seal and still don't fix the problem.

Gescha

Threads
Come on you dummies...The GTI RS800 series uses grease not oil. And there are instructions for adding it without opening the case.

And someone beside me should just look up the GTI RS800F and give the OP the PN for the axle seals. Or are there any real shops on this forum???

I have the info but will not post it due to insults I have received. As I said I retired from giving most help on this forum. Now I just getting kicks out of how uninformed some members are that are just throwing something out just to be posting. Come on guys if you know what you posting about post it but if you are just guessing don't post. Guessing just gets everyone in trouble.
It's unfortunate that everyone that posts on this forum is not an expert like you think you are.
But, you are entertaining.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It's unfortunate that everyone that posts on this forum is not an expert like you think you are.
But, you are entertaining.
Well does 40+ yrs in the business account for anything? Especially since I currently the only one here that does everything from repairs to all the other business related items. But as I said that after being insulted several times on this forum I have quit giving freely of my knowledge (including actual file info) and experience.

Thanks for just another insult...But as usual posting bad info is a normal on most forums. You know there still people that thinks the Earth is flat, Are you one of them?

Tommy Copeland

Forum Newbie
Threads
Google General Transmission RS800 and there is lot of parts and even complete transmission on Amazon

Freddie21

Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now that more like it MowerNick and Freddie21. Good info posted.

Freddie21 look at MowerNick post number 13 for the grease fill procedure.

The only thing missing is the service manual RS800F supplement which is needed for the OP's unit. F = Fender operated P = Pedal operated

Last edited: