Swap HS40 Tecumseh

park4019

Threads
Can I replace a HS40 Tecumseh with a small Prerdator [Harbor Freight] engine ? Are the crankshaft size & length the same ? Bolt mount pattern the same ? Will be my first swap of this type. Any other problems I might have ?

THANKS !! park4019

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Best thing to do is measure the shaft length to make sure. The Predator 6.5hp has a shaft length is 2.46", but it doesn't show the diameter. If you're close to a Harbor Freight store, you could stop in and measure one of the display engines. Don't forget to get one of those 20% coupons for an even better deal...

L8R,
Matt

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I just downloaded the Predator manual. It shows the output shaft measurements as 2.43 x .75...

park4019

Threads
Best thing to do is measure the shaft length to make sure. The Predator 6.5hp has a shaft length is 2.46", but it doesn't show the diameter. If you're close to a Harbor Freight store, you could stop in and measure one of the display engines. Don't forget to get one of those 20% coupons for an even better deal...

L8R,
Matt

After reading many of the reviews, about swaping engines , with snow blowers & chippers, I decided to take a chance. It was on sale, & I had a 25% coupon, making it hard to resist.
Thanks park4019.

park4019

Threads
I just downloaded the Predator manual. It shows the output shaft measurements as 2.43 x .75...

I picked one up yesterday, after reading reviews. It was on sale & I had a 25% off, coupon, making it hard to resist.
Thanks, park4019.