Sure is nice

rusted bolts

Forum Newbie
Threads
To find a site fer them there cheap mtd s that just keep going, and going and going. Have a old one, 80sh 15 hp. hydo. just keeps mowing and mowing. Was junk when I got it 15 years ago. Did have to rebuild the steering gear. Took two racks and welded them together.:smile:

BRubble

Threads
Lot's of People Bad Mouth MTD's,, but the one that I purchased New in 1988 from Lowe's,, is still doing just fine.

One of the Spindle's needed to be replaced,, so since the Deck is removed,, I decided to clean the deck up, prime & paint it. Then I decided to paint the whole mower.

Carscw really helped me a lot on seeing how he painted his.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mtd-f...8-mtd-lawn-tractor-post180953.html#post180953

Almost done,, just got to put another coat of paint on,, and then back together again.

In 26 year's this is the 2nd time to replace a Spindle.

The longer that I can keep this one running and mowing good,, without spending too much money on it, helps me save money. I'll spend about 125 $'s this go round,, and that's about how much I spent on mine about 10 or so year's ago. Haven't had to do anything to the B&S 12 hp engine,, except usual maintenance, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Spark Plug, Belt's. The Engine still run's very good.

The way I figure it,, keeping this one going is saveing me about 1000 $'s to get a New One.

I'll try to post a picture when I get it back together again.