super z

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
the bad i read was about the big block kawasaki that some come with......vx 4 deck has some negative comments but i dont think there is a deck made that wont clog in wet grass......coming down to the super z or the gravely 460.....dealer is better on the hustler

You can't go wrong with either of those. Have you looked at/priced the Toro Z-Masters??? The 5000 & 6000 series are industrial-strength machines!! I have no idea how much they sell for, but they have the durability you seek.

edd

Threads
my first ztr was a toro timecutter which i used commercially for 4 years before i sold it.....it was a real good mower and worth the money.....i believe in toro but the z masters only go 10 mph and the super z 15....gravely 13.....

edd

Threads
ended up buying a big dog diablo......7500 out the door.....demo with 20 hrs.......it is a beast.....basically a super z with bigger tires and 21cc pumps......super z demo was 9400 otd....was impressed with the x-1 which was demo priced at 7600 otd......also looked at bobcat predator pro....nice mower but higher center of gravity and aluminum spindles....could have got it for 8800 otd with govt contract discount......might have bought the x-1 but the dealer [ from which i have bought 2 mowers and sent 3 other customers to ] would not sell to me for any less than anybody else any tom dick and harry who just walked in off the street....was not looking for much, maybe just a free set of blades would have done it....but i got the most mower for the least money

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
ended up buying a big dog diablo......7500 out the door.....demo with 20 hrs.......it is a beast.....basically a super z with bigger tires and 21cc pumps......super z demo was 9400 otd....was impressed with the x-1 which was demo priced at 7600 otd......also looked at bobcat predator pro....nice mower but higher center of gravity and aluminum spindles....could have got it for 8800 otd with govt contract discount......might have bought the x-1 but the dealer [ from which i have bought 2 mowers and sent 3 other customers to ] would not sell to me for any less than anybody else any tom dick and harry who just walked in off the street....was not looking for much, maybe just a free set of blades would have done it....but i got the most mower for the least money

Congrats.....that sounds like a good choice and a good deal!!! That ZTR has the Kawasaki FX1000 doesn't it? NICE!! We all know that Excel Industries(Hustler) don't make no junk!!! I didn't realize that the Bobcat Predator line....especially at that price range....didn't have the heavy-duty cast iron spindles(that detail wasn't included in the specs on their website). If you're gonna be using a ZTR commercially it's wise to get the cast iron for their superior durability. Keep us posted after you've broken that beast in on what you think of it's performance. Something tells me that you will only have good things to say about it:0)

P.S.
Post some pics.....we wanna see it!!!

edd

Threads
it has the fx 850....wanted the fx 921 but this was the mower and at that price i could not find another one......i have been well pleased with my first big dog[ r 754 ] and these really appear to be well built machines.....i honestly liked this better than the super z i demoed.....this one has a more comfortable seat and larger drive tires

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
it has the fx 850....wanted the fx 921 but this was the mower and at that price i could not find another one......i have been well pleased with my first big dog[ r 754 ] and these really appear to be well built machines.....i honestly liked this better than the super z i demoed.....this one has a more comfortable seat and larger drive tires

So, did you get the 60" rather than the 72"? That FX850 will be MORE than adequate for getting th job done!!

edd

Threads
got the 60 inch deck......this thing is wide and low centered.....the drive tires are bigger than the tires on the mazda truck that pulls it

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
got the 60 inch deck......this thing is wide and low centered.....the drive tires are bigger than the tires on the mazda truck that pulls it

Again....that is a VERY good price for the machine you got!!!

edd

Threads
i have put about 10 hrs on it and it is everything i wanted.....i dont cut at 14 mph becase the ground wont let me cut smoothly that fast...at about 10--11 mph this thing mows thru and has a good bit of reserve left....was an excellent price and i would recommend anybody looking for a simple quality mower to look at big dog brand