Sump Gasket Replacement

OldDiyer

Threads
So, I had started a post a while back and didn't get any replays to my questions but after rereading the post I think I know why they were stupid questions. I did go back and edited the post and took out all of the dummy questions.
Anyway, so I got this job done and so far, everything is fine. My question is when I removed the engine the 4 mount bolts were very tight and had to use a breaker bar to get them loose I did notice that these may be self-treading bolts because of the style of bolts. Question is do you think when I remounted the engine should I have used thread locker on these mount bolts? I did use it on the sump bolts but wasn't sure about the engine bolts. I needed I can take them out and redo if really needed. Thanks
If any of you read my other post a while ago Sorry for the stupid questions and I understand why you didn't waste your time with them. Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't thread lock them. Most have either a serrated head to help lock them into place or the bolt is triangle shaped that cuts the threads and tend to be self locking

OldDiyer

Threads
Like I said these bolts did look as you said kind of triangle shaped and tapered at the start of the threads, but being as how I removed them to remove engine do you think they will stay put the second time around? I did use a 1/2in 20v battery impact wrench when I put it back together.
As long as you are looking at this my engine is the 21.5hp Briggs V-Tech it called for 200in lbs. for sump bolts but after seeing online that Briggs with the gaskets from them are now calling for 300in lbs. on one instruction but then another was 325in lbs. as I said this job is done but I used 315in lbs. did I do right? A little late now anyway but thought I would see what you think. Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the Intek V-twin Briggs OEM sump gasket comes with the new gasket which is a different material than the older gaskets that were used. New sump bolts with the locktite already installed on the bolts, and then the higher torque.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF thhe bolts come out a lot then the hoes may be damaged
In this case get some internal star washers to go under the bolts
In some cases I have needed to remove to self tappers & replace them with nuts & bolts

OldDiyer

Threads
Thank you, guys, for the information and like I said this job is done and right now doing well no more gasket leake at this time. The engine mount bolts, I,m just going to let them go for now and will check them in the furture and if any one of them loosen up I,ll remove them and do the Loctite. Again, Thanks for the info.