Stumped - Poulan Pro Snow Blower

Freddie21

Threads
Have you tried to adjust the mixture screws? Running lean.

bk10s

Threads
No adjustment screws on this carb

Freddie21

Threads
On other engines, I have opened the main jet, a little at a time, with micro drills until it ran correctly. Go a small amount to see if it affects the richness.

12icer

Threads
So is there a fuel cutoff valve and does it operate smoothly and a filter did you replace it, look in the tank for any rust or trash and if the screen strainer is clogged by any type of dried additive or ETC.
Most of these no set carbs are close enough to run good without any help, BUT in getting shipped and banged around the tab on the float can be bent, I would check the float tab to see if the float sits level when the bowl should be full but not above the vent.

bk10s

Threads
There is a fuel cutoff valve. Fuel was running out of the new fuel line pretty well, but I'll check it out.

12icer

Threads
You may just need to pull the plug out of the bowl and see if any trash comes out if that doesn't do it check the float setting and see of there is any trash of any kind in there, anything can restrict fuel flow in a carb if it gets in the right place, I once had a Holley in in a three set that would not flow in one booster correctly, it turned out to be a piece of an o ring from a float adjusting port that I had changed partially blocking the jet orfice.

wingstrut

Threads
It's your carb, it either still has crap in it or an air leak at the base gasket.
Does it have a fuel pump, if so it could be restricting fuel.
How about checking the float level also, all this could be the problem, it doesn't matter what carb you have a carb is a carb.
Don't buy a new Chinese carb they don't work.
Take the carb to a reputable mower shop and have them clean and install a kit. This will save you a lot of headaches.
Don't go drilling jets it ran fine for many years with what is there, if you drill jets you are just covering up the real problem.

Last edited: