String trimmers

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
Whats better straight shaft or curved shaft trimmers. And what brand for a lawn care/landscaping bussnies

scott47429

Threads
thats a good question but you have to decide what you want to do with the trimmer if you want to just trim weeds then a curved shave is just fine if you want to use all the attachments then you will need a straight shaft and as far as the brans i like Sthil but there are alot of good ones out there

Threads
I like straight shafts because you can get under things easier. As for brands....Echo or Stihl....I love my Echo SRM-225!

Last edited:

scott47429

Threads
there are advantages to both like he just said the straight sift you can get under things alot easer and you can use the attachments with them but at the same time they hurt my back more with the curved shat it easer to use for me not as much hanging out front to hold up

m&p45

Threads
I think it comes down to personal preference. I can't stand curved shaft I prefer straight shaft trimmers. For what it's worth I've never seen a professional lawn care business using a curved shaft trimmer. In my neck of the woods there's a lot of different lawn companies. I can't drive down the road without seeing 12 lawn care rigs and they all have 2 stihl or echo straight shaft trimmers hanging in the racks on there trailers.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Straight shaft for sure for professional use. On both one can adjust the handle to balance the trimmer anyway they would like. Reduces the back pain big time when adjusted for oneself. Many keep them where they had been set when they made the purchase. Not knowing they can be adjusted.

Parkmower

Threads
Curved shaft is for homeowners.
Pros use straight shaft Stihls. Don't believe the hype. Stihl's the best!!!

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Curved shaft is for homeowners.
Pros use straight shaft Stihls. Don't believe the hype. Stihl's the best!!!

LoL, Guess I'm a pro, I use Stihl! :thumbsup:

I know others that do also but I wouldn't consider them to be a pro. :laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't believe they even make a curved shaft commercial trimmer do they?

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I don't believe they even make a curved shaft commercial trimmer do they?

No, but many believe they are when they see them next to the big "Home Use ZT's" in Lowe's and Home Depot