STIHL Yard Boss questions

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

The mowing season for me has stopped and is going to start again in May. I already have a STIHL FS90R and I wanted to buy the power sweep attachment and it is about 350$. Then, I found the yard boss for 350-400$ and I could get the power sweep attachment for about 150$. I thought about getting that instead, because it would be better for my back and it can be really usefull for dethatching and aerating the groud and if ever I am already using the FS90r for other work.

Here are my questions:

1) Does the Yard Boss with the power sweep roll well on grass to remove rocks on the grass from the winter?
2) Does it do a good job dethatching?
3) Will it withstand commercial use?
4) Does the aerator work well on this unit?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
There must be someone on this forum that owns one of these or has used one.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So just looked it up its classified as an "occasional use" piece of equipment however it is a stihl. As far as power raking it looks the same as my mantis that does a good enough job. The aerator I wouldn't use scratching the surface doesn't count as aerating in ky opinion. You need a core aerator. The thing with this is that it is small and small is not generally better for commercial use usually it will take you much longer and be harder work keep that in mind

Oh also you can't charge as much for power raking that you would if you had a real large bladed power rake. Even though you will be doing twice as much labor you cannot achieve the same quality

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are right about the aerator. It aint that good, but after reading a lot, I have found out that the dethatcher works really well and so does the power broom. I do know it is for occasional use, which will be used for that. I am going to dethatch with it and do some spring clean ups. The rest of the summer it will probably sit in the garage and till a few yards with it once in a while.