STIHL TRIMMERS

CauZey

Threads
Looking into getting some commercial hedge trimmers and have been hot for STIHLS HS 56 C-E anybody had or have these? Good luck bad luck?

Threads
Looking into getting some commercial hedge trimmers and have been hot for STIHLS HS 56 C-E anybody had or have these? Good luck bad luck?

WELCOME TO LMF!
I don't have any experience with that hedge trimmer, but I would look at some reviews until someone else answers who has used it. For example, look at the following video. But you have to be careful when looking at reviews, some people get paid to put up positive reviews, and other times someone who wasn't satisfied might put up a review so they can rant, but an owner who is happy with the purchase might not post a review.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I know the HS 56 CE is a commercial but have you considered the HS-45. I bought it about 3 years ago for the business and its been a dynamite unit. The 56 is a 21.4cc engine with 0.87bhp and 3640spm the 45 has a 27.2cc engine with 1.01bhp and 3700 spm at a cheaper cost. ( HS-56 cost $419.95 the HS-45 cost $319.95) The 56 is it comes with a 24" blade, my 45 is the 18" but you can get the thing with a 24"

I will say this, in the 3 years I've used the 45 it has never givin me one problem and the HL-45 extended reach has been the same. I've never even put a spark plug in the thing. They've been a great units.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME TO LMF!
I don't have any experience with that hedge trimmer, but I would look at some reviews until someone else answers who has used it. For example, look at the following video. But you have to be careful when looking at reviews, some people get paid to put up positive reviews, and other times someone who wasn't satisfied might put up a review so they can rant, but an owner who is happy with the purchase might not post a review.

Ya Know LMF that's pretty good video except the comment made about using the 18" blade cause your older :rolleyes::laughing:

Threads
Ya Know LMF that's pretty good video except the comment made about using the 18" blade cause your older :rolleyes::laughing:

Yeah I know....I laughed at that also! :laughing: But I agree....I think it is a good, informational video! :thumbsup:

CauZey

Threads
I know the HS 56 CE is a commercial but have you considered the HS-45. I bought it about 3 years ago for the business and its been a dynamite unit. The 56 is a 21.4cc engine with 0.87bhp and 3640spm the 45 has a 27.2cc engine with 1.01bhp and 3700 spm at a cheaper cost. ( HS-56 cost $419.95 the HS-45 cost $319.95) The 56 is it comes with a 24" blade, my 45 is the 18" but you can get the thing with a 24"

I will say this, in the 3 years I've used the 45 it has never givin me one problem and the HL-45 extended reach has been the same. I've never even put a spark plug in the thing. They've been a great units.

I've thought about getting the HL 45 because stihl products are so good. I bought a stihl bg55 handheld blower because my local dealer said buying the more expensive comercial hand held was a waste and that it wasn't as proven. She also said she has had her bg55 for 10 years no issue. Maybe the hl45 is the ticket for me lol. But they are cheaper here from what I see they are 299 and 379 for hs 56. I was thinking commercial because the price diff was not that much and they say the hs56 is very kighy

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've thought about getting the HL 45 because stihl products are so good. I bought a stihl bg55 handheld blower because my local dealer said buying the more expensive comercial hand held was a waste and that it wasn't as proven. She also said she has had her bg55 for 10 years no issue. Maybe the hl45 is the ticket for me lol. But they are cheaper here from what I see they are 299 and 379 for hs 56. I was thinking commercial because the price diff was not that much and they say the hs56 is very kighy

The BG 55 isn't a bad blower but as far as the dealer saying a commercial blower or unit is a waste and there not proven, I'd say she doesn't know what she talking about. I think I might be looking for another dealer but that's just my opinion. The Prices I quoted were Stihls prices, I can buy them from my dealer some what cheaper. The HS- 45 is a great little unit I don't think you'll go wrong on that choice.:thumbsup:

CauZey

Threads
She was referring to the bg86 said it was a good blower but was new engine and technology and hasn't proven it self yet like the bg55. But she is surprisingly knowledgeable I catch my self in her store for like an hour at a time ha. But I'm going to def take a look at those trimmers thanks !

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
She was referring to the bg86 said it was a good blower but was new engine and technology and hasn't proven it self yet like the bg55. But she is surprisingly knowledgeable I catch my self in her store for like an hour at a time ha. But I'm going to def take a look at those trimmers thanks !

The new Technology is the 4 Mix stuff but It's been out for 4 or 5 years so it's well proven. All but one of my trimmers and edgers are all 4 mix and there great, haven't had any problems.
Now that being said there are a lot of people who don't like the 4 mix stuff and prefer the 2 stroke units, I guess it just a matter of preference.

thse

Threads
The BG86 isn't 4-mix technology. But I do agree with the HS45 being a good machine($299.99). Thats all I keep in my store because thats what all my commercial guys use. But now they are only coming with a 18" blade though:/ They came out with a HS46 C-E that comes with a 22" blade($359.99), Its is a new startified scavenging engine on it (just like the BG86). These new engines are supposed to cut down on emmisons.