Stihl MS 250 C-BE Chainsaw Review

Lawnranger

Threads
The starter rope/pulley assembly, as you know, is right in front of the flywheel and one of the jobs of the flywheel is to move air to cool the engine. The intake air comes in from the starter assembly cover that has all the vent hole in it and should be a cooler part of the engine. The muffler is right around the corner and stores some heat after shut down. I would have to take my starter cover off and have a look to see if there is any kind of heat shield on my saw that could be missing/damaged on your saw. Before going to that length, would you please try a different brand of starter rope? Call your local lawnmower shop and ask them what color starter rope they sell and purchase a 42" length of (I think #3 1/2 or #4) white starter rope. You may not need all 42" but better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Try that first and let me know the results.

I'd be glad to remove my saw starter cover and even take pictures to compare but maybe this time it's just the rope you are using and this would be a quick, simple test to determine.