Stihl ms 170 or husqvarna 240?

metz12

Threads
So I have decided that I want a 16"bar for my new chainsaw. I am stuck between 2. the stihl ms 170 (30cc) for $180 or the husqvarna 240 (38cc) not sure what one if i should pay the extra 30 bucks for the husqvarna for the extra 8cc's or just get the stihl.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's a no brainer. Stihl. You will never notice the difference in HP and Stihl is a better saw anyway.

metz12

Threads
That's a no brainer. Stihl. You will never notice the difference in HP and Stihl is a better saw anyway.

thanks for the response. i figured alot of people would say the stihl is a better saw.

STAN MI

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think they are both supposed to be pretty good saws. Might want to think about the selling dealer, is one closer or is one better to work with. Never know when you might need service.

Don't think you can go wrong with either one.

JMT's

metz12

Threads
I think they are both supposed to be pretty good saws. Might want to think about the selling dealer, is one closer or is one better to work with. Never know when you might need service.

Don't think you can go wrong with either one.

JMT's

well this ace is very good with having parts for everything they have in stock but they wont work on the unit for free. i can get my local dealer to just work on the husqvarna for free. all i have to do is pay for parts. i have known the guy all my life, he was my basketball coach at one time, and i went to school with his daughter. i had a husqvarna 345 but a buddy of mine dropped a tree on it. it was a great saw. i have ran stihls before but never the ms170. thanks for the feedback.

Threads
Stihl, or Echo sorry I know Echo wasnt one of the options but I have had pretty good service with them, and their warranty is better 5 years parts, and labor.

metz12

Threads
Stihl, or Echo sorry I know Echo wasnt one of the options but I have had pretty good service with them, and their warranty is better 5 years parts, and labor.

i'm not sure now. i want to go the poulan/craftsman route with like 42cc's and an 18" bar. i really cannot make up my mind!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Look at the Roms that were the speed comes from that will help your desion and a sthil Ms 180 is good. As well :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Also if you would like I can take a video of my sthil running and u said a something about pouland I got the 18 bar I can do a comperson of the two in a video this weekend :thumbsup: