Stihl Leaf Blower Vacuum BG 56 C-E Has very low duck/blow?

hedgert

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Stihl Leaf Blower Vacuum BG 56 C-E Has very low duck/blow?
I have an almost new Stihl BG 56 C-E. I used it the day I bought it and it worked perfectly.
I've used it again today and it had almost no suction. The engine is running well, and all the troubleshooting instructions relate to the cause being lack of engine power - which is not a problem in this case.
I'm not sure if the air flow mechanism could be blocked somehow while the engine runs at full speed?
I've tried it in both blow and suck modes and the problem is the same.
Any suggestions?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not familiar with that model, but if it is new, take it back to the dealer. It could be that the nut holding the fan on is a tad loose,
just lightly pull the rope while holding the fan in place and see if it slips any.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the tubes for dirt and build up. My sh86 would suck so much dirt it would clog up. Also check tubes are installed properly

hedgert

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the tubes for dirt and build up. My sh86 would suck so much dirt it would clog up. Also check tubes are installed properly

Are talking about the big black plastic tubes that attach one side or the other depending whether you blow or suck, or is there something more internal to check and clean out ?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The tubes clog for me. Could check the blower housing to the part around the fan

Taos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also check the exaust screen (spark arrester) cloud be plugged ,full of carbon.not sure if that model has one mine is threaded in the exaust muffler 15 mm socket to remouve ,then wire brush it and then burn the carbon off with a propane torch.

Dave1954

Threads
I had this issue with my sthil when left in a shed and found a mouse had crawled in the tube and made a nest, he was dead when he came out. solved this issue by putting a old sock over the tube when done using it.