Stihl hs74

Bootsy

Threads
Hi all, had a bit of a problem with this a while ago when it would not start, would not even try, took it to local garage and they checked the compression for me i think it was a bit low from what i have read, before having the compression checked i fitted new spark plug, air filter, fuel filter and checked the spark arrester. When i got home from the garage after having the compression check i gave it a tug and it started and ran ok. It now tries to die when trying to rev it but after its been running for about ten minuites its ok. I think maybe the mixture needs re doing any tips or thoughts on this?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
o be safe, you should go through the fuel system, although richening up your mixture screws a tad would probably suffice. There were 2 different carbs on that series, one of them had only the lo mix screw, the other had the plastic limiter caps on them, which can be pulled off for better
adjustment.

But the best course is to totally disassemble your carb and clean it out and put a new kit in it.

Bootsy

Threads
After runing ok for a while this now has started to leak fuel, it pools on the front of the black plastic guard, also it does bog down for a tick when you try to rev it. Sometimes it wont restart, i am thinking it floods. Just a thought but could worn rings cause this?

Bootsy

Threads
Found one of the fuel pipes has a small hole in it and sprays fuel onto back of air filter, also the same pipe had been trapped under the fuel tank and was nearly flat!, ordered some new fuel pipe and put results on hear if it sorts it.

Bootsy

Threads
Fitted the new fuel pipe and its not leaking anymore, i do get a very slight delay when getting it to full revs, it has the carb with hi and low adjusters on it. Think i will try putting a small amount of choke on it and see if its better, if it is will try give it more of a rich mixture, to do this would i be right in thinking it would be the hi one to adjust?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
adjust the low.

then trim back the high to slow down the engine to not burn it up....