Stihl FS80 carburators?

mtnpapa

Threads
I have drained the fuel, rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel filter, changed the plug and it still won't run unless I hold the tickler in to give it gas.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If memory serves me correctly, the green machine had a red button on the carb to shut the fuel off to shut it down. Have you had this out and cleaned in there?

mtnpapa

Threads
If memory serves me correctly, the green machine had a red button on the carb to shut the fuel off to shut it down. Have you had this out and cleaned in there?

Your memory is correct.... it's a red thing that you pull out to let the fuel flow and push in to shut it down. Yes, I've had that out as well as just about everything else in the carb. As I posted before, it will run if I push the "tickler" (on the bottom of the carb) in.... so it's getting fuel until I release the tickler.... then it dies. The problem is you can't regulate the fuel correctly with the tickler so you get too much or too little.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you are pushing your "tickler", is there fuel dribbling out of the overflow?

Damn, that almost sounds "dirty"......

mtnpapa

Threads
When you are pushing your "tickler", is there fuel dribbling out of the overflow?

Damn, that almost sounds "dirty"......

Yes there is fuel coming out of the overflow.