Stihl FS80 carburators?

kitgage

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older FS80 which has probably been ravaged by ethanol. I have been looking for a new carb or rebuild kit. My problem (one of many):confused2: is I don't know what carb I have. The powerhead says made in Japan and there is a number 13446533 on the side. The carb has a detached primer bulb and a plunger (?) on the top to facilitate priming. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I would like to see the old girl run again! :laughing:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carburetor for FS 75, 80, 85 is a WT-447

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here are a few pics of the old fs80

olde fs80.jpg

Well one anyway, the others disappeared.....

jcsmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kitgage, how did you make out with the FS80. Rebuild kits are out there. TK carb with the round fuel pump. If you got it running and the overflow constantly pours fuel out, here is a fix. I have an old FS80 as well. Just drill a hole in top of fuel tank and run a line from overflow back into tank. Make hole a little smaller so fuel line fits tight.If you don't have air filter and housing and don't want to pay the high price for an NOS stihl part, you can use a Shindaiwa assembly from a c-25 or c-35 trimmer. I forget the exact number of turns on the air bleed screws to make it run right, but if you need help I can try to find my notes.

Hope you got it running, it's a great old trimmer, a little heavy but a screamer.

Chris

Also, you probably need a primer bulb. Kawasaki trimmer bulb , #49043-2065 works fine. Some unscrupulous people are selling them for way too much. Shop around, you will get a decent price.

EKOSMUS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same weerdeater. It will not get fuel. I have narroved it down to where the metering needle goes into the carb. It is make the needle valve that lets fuel in stay seated. I may need to bend the bracket up a little to let the valve unseat. Any ideas?

jcsmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the primer bulb pulling fuel from tank to carb? Have you cleaned carb? Is the diaphragm in the fuel pump still pliable? When was the last time it was running.?

Also is it the made in Japan from the late '70s, early '80s? Just so we're on the same page I had to ask.

Chris

EKOSMUS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have done every bit of that. I fixed it last night. The needle that gets pressed when you press the tickler button has a check valve behind it. I drilled it out and soldered the hole shut. it was sucking air. runs good now

jcsmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good deal. Glad you got it running. It's a nice old trimmer. I love getting the old/ discarded ones running again.

Chris