Stihl Fs 90R vs 110r or Echo SRM 265?

poloman

Threads
I have a Stihl trimmer and like it. Started using a european scythe to cut hay for my horses in the winter when the soil is soft. Haven't used the Stihl since. The scythe is light, burns no gas and almost silent. :)

poloman

Threads
It is just as fast as a powered trimmer. Won't scalp the turf though and has to be kept e trembly sharp.

01 Wolverine

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a sthil since 1998, spark plugs,string,greased gearbox and just use non ethnanol gas for the trimmers. did 900 ft of fence, 28 pine trees and a 36x56 pole barn every week

Have echo now with bad carb due to usage of ethanol gas. midrange too

Threads
I like my FS90R so far... Have had it 2 weeks now. Has a ton of power, quiet and well balanced.

redfish9

Threads
Stihl is the way to go,so go buy one

alpinelawn

Threads
The Stihl and the Echo are great lines and it really depends on personal preference.

As mentioned above, the prices in Canada are different than the US much like everything else.

I would also agree with the above poster, that someone like the OP, can also consider the Shindaiwa in the same group.

Same company as Echo and they have some great promotions from time to time. We had T242 Shindaiwa on for $299.95, which for Canada is a great deal IMHO.

Here is a quick comparison of some of the basis stats:

stihl_echo_shindaiwa_comparison.jpg