Stihl Fs 90R vs 110r or Echo SRM 265?

Threads
I'm looking into buying a new trimmer and my dealers are saying go with the Stihl because parts are more readily available and order in 24hrs. I have the BR 600 Magnum and like it. I'd be using it for 25 ish lawns a week, which are all relatively large. Echo has a better warranty but the 265 is hard on gas and pollutes a lot more. Don't know which brand to buy. Any advice?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm looking into buying a new trimmer and my dealers are saying go with the Stihl because parts are more readily available and order in 24hrs. I have the BR 600 Magnum and like it. I'd be using it for 25 ish lawns a week, which are all relatively large. Echo has a better warranty but the 265 is hard on gas and pollutes a lot more. Don't know which brand to buy. Any advice?

To start with the Echo doesn't have a better warranty than Stihl. All Stihl's have a 2year Commercial Warranty the same as Echo.Yes the Echo has a 5 year Consumer or Homeowner warranty but that doesn't apply if you're using it for business. If you check this site you'll find that there 265T only has a 1year commercial warranty
VT Echo SRM-265T High Torque Brush Wacker
As far as which to buy, personally I'd go stihl, it has the 28.4cc engine vs the 25.4 echo. I run both the FS 90 and FS110 and I do 70 lawns a week and have never had a problem with either. Just be aware that the stihls are 4mix units not two stroke.
Something you may want to consider on the 265 you're talking about, (check there site http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Trimmers ) is that Echo has discontinued that unit.

Threads
I have the 4mix blower, Br 600 magnum. I've read about all the brands and quite knowledged that the trimmers are 4mix. Just wasn't sure, do you like the fs90 or 110? I have an echo trimmer now and it works really well. Stihl commercial warranty is only 1 year here

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have the 4mix blower, Br 600 magnum. I've read about all the brands and quite knowledged that the trimmers are 4mix. Just wasn't sure, do you like the fs90 or 110? I have an echo trimmer now and it works really well. Stihl commercial warranty is only 1 year here

You better do some checking on that warranty period, I can't believe it's right. I wouldn't believe that location could have anything to do with it, Stihl is the Warrantor and they say 2 years. You can contact them here. Why would Canada be different?

Warrantor
STIHL Incorporated
536 Viking Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
STIHL Customer Service phone number: (800) 467-8445
Internet website: STIHL The Number One Selling Brand of Chain Saws Outdoor Power Tools - Locate an Independent STIHL Dealer

As far as the 90 and 110, yes I like both the trimmers. I ran the Echo's when I first started the Business and don't get me wrong they're good trimmers and edgers but IMO are under powered compared to the Stihls but again that's JMO. I think if you compare spec's you'll find a big difference between Echo and Stihl.
Remember when it comes to running Lawn equipment everyone is going to say there's is the only way to go and have there reasons for there opinions. Don't be swayed by opinions, run what works for you.

Last edited:
Threads
Trust me I've researched... Consumer warranty is 2yrs with the oil purchase. Commercial is 1 year regardless

Parkmower

Threads
I prefer stihl equipment. We run stihl fs 55's string trimmers and like them.

Parkmower

Threads
dudechillinathome said:
Do you like them?

Yes IMO for $189 the fs 55 is a good deal
We have seasonal kids that beat the snot out of them and they hold up well.

Last edited:
Threads
Yes IMO for $189 the fs 55 is a good deal
We have seasonal kids that beat the snot out of them and they hold up well.

The fs 55 is $259.99 here. Our prices are always more. Promo price on the FS 90r is $359.99. The 110r was $379.99, but promo price went up to $429.99. Dealer said he could still do $380 for the 110r