Stihl FS 40C Quits

Benzene

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
New to the forum. If this should be somewhere else please let me know.

I have a 2 year old FS 40C trimmer, probably less than 20 hours total use. Today while trimming, it suddenly died, didn't start running rough prior to it quitting. After that I could only start it at full throttle and it did run rough, and would die again if i let off the throttle. Any ideas on where to start looking?

I've read about checking the fuel tank vent and exhaust screen. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Lawnranger

Threads
Hi,
New to the forum. If this should be somewhere else please let me know.

I have a 2 year old FS 40C trimmer, probably less than 20 hours total use. Today while trimming, it suddenly died, didn't start running rough prior to it quitting. After that I could only start it at full throttle and it did run rough, and would die again if i let off the throttle. Any ideas on where to start looking?

I've read about checking the fuel tank vent and exhaust screen. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum. So, have you checked the fuel tank vent and exhaust screen since reading about them? Those two items sure can affect the way an engine operates and are important to verify. Let me know when you check them and verify their condition.