stihl br-600 blower won't start

MowerMike

Threads
The only thing I can see that priming would do is to force more gas into the cylinder to burn and it would burn for a short period.

The primer bulb does not pump gas into the engine. It pumps gas into the carb only, purging it of air, and excess gas is returned to the fuel tank. Giving it throttle OTOH, especially with the choke closed, will definitely flood the engine. Some carbs have a fuel screen, which if clogged will prevent gas from entering the engine, which may be the problem here. In that case, the carb must be disassembled to clean it.

lunytune2

Threads
I know it does not sound like the exhaust , but try it ... take it out and try to start it ... if it works clean or replace it . Trust me , I run (5) of them . Along with Stihl chainsaws, hedge trimmers , concrete saws , weedwackers , and handheld blowers .

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
9 times out of 10 a 2 stroke problem is always in the carb.
Stripdown then use an ultra sonic cleaner to clean the passages usually sorts it out.
The carbs and pipes basically need to seal to draw fuel.
If the metoring lever is set too high then the diaphragm will push the lever down to open the needle which will then put too much fuel. if set too low then not enough fuel.
Walbro carbs use a W guage to check lever.
Zama carbs usually use a straight edge.
Also if the pipes are holed then fuel will not go to carb.
But like many posters have said it always process of elimination.

PowerOutletTech

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a little screen in your muffler (pollution stuff) stick a screwdriver in the screen and pull it out . I run alot of Stihl in my landscaping business , these always affect the machine . Now if you mow in state parks etc . you will need to keep these in as per there pollution regulations.

The muffler screens have zero to do with pollution. They are there as a spark arrestor so you dont catch the woods, field, lawn on fire...

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The muffler screens have zero to do with pollution. They are there as a spark arrestor so you dont catch the woods, field, lawn on fire...

I took them out of my echo stuff. I put them back if you keep them clean (purple cleaner and a wire brush) they don't affect performance at all

MowerMike

Threads
I took them out of my echo stuff. I put them back if you keep them clean (purple cleaner and a wire brush) they don't affect performance at all

Did you replace the exhaust gasket after you removed the spark arrestor screen ? Also, does the exhaust gasket seal properly with the spark arrestor screen removed ?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you replace the exhaust gasket after you removed the spark arrestor screen ? Also, does the exhaust gasket seal properly with the spark arrestor screen removed ?

The gaskets come off clean no damage so no replace. And the screen sits in its own little groove and doesn't affect how the gasket seals. That does remind me tho I do need to order a few of those gaskets my weedeaters gasket is leaking you can tell because of all the black crap on the outside of it and inside the plastic covers

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Same here all my equipment has no screens once they plugged up I remove an never put them back in :tongue:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
9 times out of 10 a 2 stroke problem is always in the carb.
Stripdown then use an ultra sonic cleaner to clean the passages usually sorts it out.
The carbs and pipes basically need to seal to draw fuel.
If the metoring lever is set too high then the diaphragm will push the lever down to open the needle which will then put too much fuel. if set too low then not enough fuel.
Walbro carbs use a W guage to check lever.
Zama carbs usually use a straight edge.
Also if the pipes are holed then fuel will not go to carb.
But like many posters have said it always process of elimination.

The problem with your suggestion is the BR 600 is a 4 - mix engine not a 2 stroke.:rolleyes:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stihl BR600 is it not a 4 stroke engine but uses 2 cycle gas mix as there is no separate oil.