Stick edger - - - - Which one ????

Bandito

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to replace a stick edger that went bad. Wondering what feedback I might get on here for: BRAND? MODEL? COST? etc. etc.
I have had some pretty good results with a certain brand but want to know your honest opinion.

Popeye

Threads
I would look at a Red Max also. Kinda wish I had bought one of them instead of my RS90R

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Red Max? I dont think ive heard of them are they high end or low end?

Popeye

Threads
Mostly commercial they have some smaller ones but they are lighter than my Stihl and are 2stroke. A lot commercial guys around here use them or Stihl.

Edgers | RedMax

Lawnranger

Threads
Stihl and Echo make excellent equipment but after talking the the dealer who sells both brands I'm leaning toward replacing my equipment with an Echo PAS 230 so I only have to maintain one engine. I can put a multitude of attachments on the power head and be money ahead in the process. I already own an Echo SRM 2100 so I won't need another trimmer for a while but a pole saw, pruner, edger, etc. sure would come in handy.

The down side is when the engine does need work, you loose use of all your equipment. The most common failure lately in my neck of the woods is the carburetor due to Ethanol related problems.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used too run an Echo Trimmer and Edger and they always did a good job when they were running but it seemed like there was always something that needed to be fixed. Replacing Gas filters, air filters, spark plugs and carb kits got to be an everyday occurrence. :thumbdown: I switched to Stihl and don't have those problems anymore.:thumbsup:

Ariena

Threads
Tanaka????...

Popeye

Threads
Quite a few commercial guys use em on another forum (Tanaka that is). Couple of them swear by them but I would check dealer support and parts availability.