Sthil TS400 Block Saw

rocky2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,

I have this TS400 block saw, used and bought from a friend.
It would run for a short period of time and shut off. Cool down a minute or two and restart. Over and over.

I bought and a new coil and now I can not get it to run at all. Shows to be firing but I think maybe it is the fuel. I can choke it until it should be "flooded":mad: with fuel but the spark plug is dry. I tried spraying starting fluid in the intake, which I really do not like to do,:ashamed: and still no attempt to start. Is there something that could be blocking the fuel from entering into the cylinder? Looks like the direct spray of starting fluid would be able to reach the combustion chamber unless something is wrong with the intake. Does it have reed valves that might be stuck? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Have a Great Day,:smile:
Rocky2

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
The carb sounds like it needs clean :thumbsup: try this then let us know also full lines

themowerking20

Threads
Sounds like you bought a wore out unit pull the muffler off if your exhaust side of the piston or cylinder walls are scratched up it has more than likely been run lean for a while.....be extremely cautious buying used 2 cycle equipment before you shell out a wad of cash run it
get it real hot and try to reztart if no restart keep your money