Steiner tractors

Parkmower

Threads
Anyone ever see or use one. I never had. Was browsing craig list and saw one for sale. Looks interesting seems similar to a ventrac.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't seen them "up close and personal", but from what I understand those machines were better when the Steiners' still owned the company and went down hill a little after that. Ventrac is (IMHO) a better version of the Steiner (both designed by the Steiner family).
I am now on my 2nd Ventrac, the first was purchased in 2004 and had nearly 900 trouble free hours with just routine maintenance. I traded it in on a new one of the same model 4231 this year and LOVE it. :thumbsup: :biggrin:
Feel free to ask any questions you have.
Anyone ever see or use one. I never had. Was browsing craig list and saw one for sale. Looks interesting seems similar to a ventrac.

driver

Forum Newbie
Threads
I heard they were better back in the day too.

I haven't seen them "up close and personal", but from what I understand those machines were better when the Steiners' still owned the company and went down hill a little after that. Ventrac is (IMHO) a better version of the Steiner (both designed by the Steiner family).
I am now on my 2nd Ventrac, the first was purchased in 2004 and had nearly 900 trouble free hours with just routine maintenance. I traded it in on a new one of the same model tractor paint 4231 this year and LOVE it. :thumbsup: :biggrin:
Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Ventrac

Threads
Great question Parkmower!
I will give my :2cents: as politically correct as possible but it may be a bit biased as my last name is Steiner :laughing:

Check out our about page here: About Ventrac
for an abbreviated history of Ventrac and our beginning as the original designers and manufacturer of Steiner tractors.

Ventrac was/is designed by the original Steiner brothers who started Steiner in the 70's. It is still owned and operated by the Steiner family and built in Orrville, OH. That is why you see many similarities between the two units, but there are many big differences when you look at hydraulics, engines, etc.