steering bushing confusion

Oldaarpy

Threads
Short story is, I own a 2015 GT52XLSi. The steering was real sloppy so I added a washer to the top of the steering stem and that helped. I checking out the steering bushing - it was worn and loose. That bushing was a round white plastic job but the on line diagrams shows a B2 bomber shaped thing with bolt holes in it. The closest machine to mine that had a round bushing was a GT48XLSi and that had a black bushing 195227 so I ordered one. It's sloppier than the broken one. So can I asume 195228 is the correct one before I order that one or am I going to have to drill and install the B2? The 228 supposedly has a smaller diameter hole....so the "garden tractors' have smaller steering colums than the cheaper lawn tractors? In the mean time the color doesn't mean much as I've black bushing labeled with both numbers and same with white. Does anyone make a more permanent bushing? I'm a tad confused.

Oldaarpy

Threads

Attachments

• husq.PNG
    husq.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If the op is referring to the upper bushing it is...

1700875580498.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star, you are correct. I was assuming the OP was looking for the lower bushing, as he said he would have to do some drilling.

Oldaarpy

Threads
I wasn't aware there were two bushings! I'd better crawl under the mower again. All the diagrams I've seen only mention one. Well, as long as you guys can figure out what I'm talking about......Thankyou.

Oldaarpy

Threads
This is what I'm pulling up on different sites and it may or may not mention bottom steering support but none that I've found mention the specific upper support or bushing that I need.

Attachments

• steering.PNG
    steering.PNG
    82.1 KB · Views: 44

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go back to the parts list for the whole mower and check the diagram for the dash panel & controls .
The logic fails me but some times the upper bush is shown as part of the dash not part of the steering and on a couple of lists I found them on the Frame & Fittings page
Probably makes sense to the drafts person or because they are fitted by the Dash fitting team or they come preinstalled in the dash .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To make the look-ups even more problematic is that inexperience doesn't take into account the different variations that a particular model might have as with this one. There is at least 3 variations of this model so you must use the long model number from the serial number tag.

1700919822485.png

Now as the two bushings one is listed the frame section and the other is in the steering section.