SRM225 WONT RUN

The Rock

Threads
I CHECKED THE AIR FILTER AND IT WAS SOAKED WITH GAS SO I PURCHASED A CARB AND STILL WONT RUN . I REPLACED ALL THE FUEL LINES AND F/FILTER STILL WONT RUN .CHECKED SPARK AND IT HAS SPARK, EXHAUST SCREEN IS CLEAN..STILL WONT RUN.. ALL MY OTHER WEED EATERS ARE RUNNING ON SAME GAS.. ANY IDEAS... THANKS

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dribble a few drops of gasoline in the carb throat and see if it will fire. If it does, you still have a carb problem. I hope you kept the OEM carb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the muffler off & have a quick look at the exhaust port
A blocked port will cause fuel to blow back through the carb
As will a faulty carb and unless you got the new carb from an Echo distributor then it is suspect till proven good.
A cracked fuel line will also soak the filter & prevent the engine from starting.

The Rock

Threads
Dribble a few drops of gasoline in the carb throat and see if it will fire. If it does, you still have a carb problem. I hope you kept the OEM carb.
I tried starter fluid and still nothing, I will try gas tomorrow. Yes I kept the old carb. Thank you

The Rock

Threads
Pull the muffler off & have a quick look at the exhaust port
A blocked port will cause fuel to blow back through the carb
As will a faulty carb and unless you got the new carb from an Echo distributor then it is suspect till proven good.
A cracked fuel line will also soak the filter & prevent the engine from starting.
I will double check the fuel lines again,, No i went with a carb on Amazon that had 5 star reviews

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It wouldn't cost you much to replace the spark plug, too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I will double check the fuel lines again,, No i went with a carb on Amazon that had 5 star reviews

The problem with Amazon reviews and evilpay feedback is they are time limited
So for instance the GX 25 carb a customer gave me to fit last year has now packed it in after 10 months.
It has a defective check valve but the customer can not go back now and say these are defective ( wrong rubber used )
And his vendor had a 5 star rating as well
Ijabe fitted one of my carbs, from a reliable supplier who gives me 12 months warranty and it was only $ 11 more than the junk carb + $ 90 for two services .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do a compression check. If under 100 psi you are wasting your time.

As far Amazon ratings are not reliable either as several of my own bad reviews were never psoted or was deleted . Most related from poor to no customer support after the sale. I am currently working on a Murray pressure washers that was received with a bad battery that Amazon vendor refuses to replace and customer just got less than a month ago.

The Rock

Threads
Do a compression check. If under 100 psi you are wasting your time.

As far Amazon ratings are not reliable either as several of my own bad reviews were never psoted or was deleted . Most related from poor to no customer support after the sale. I am currently working on a Murray pressure washers that was received with a bad battery that Amazon vendor refuses to replace and customer just got less than a month ago.
ok thank you

The Rock

Threads
The problem with Amazon reviews and evilpay feedback is they are time limited
So for instance the GX 25 carb a customer gave me to fit last year has now packed it in after 10 months.
It has a defective check valve but the customer can not go back now and say these are defective ( wrong rubber used )
And his vendor had a 5 star rating as well
Ijabe fitted one of my carbs, from a reliable supplier who gives me 12 months warranty and it was only $ 11 more than the junk carb + $ 90 for two services .
Ok thank You