SRM 225 won't rev up.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
OR in my case the first pot....Just trying to figure a way to remove a split retainer on a Gravely spindle. Just like to know what bearing were used. I already knnow I can't the retainer so it is a new spindle. Now just debating if OEM or aftermarket one. Reading reviews and about 10% are bad so far. At least Rotary and Stens gives an one year warranty on them. Trying to find out what Ariens/Gravely warranty is. Still $200+ is a lot for the customer to pay for either one. I got time as I having to wait on bushings and spacers for the deck otherwise.

rutbuster1

Threads
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with an Echo srm225 trimmer.

It's about 7 years old and I use it about twice a month. I always empty the tank and idle untill it dies.

About 2 years ago it started running bad, so I bought a gasket kit and took apart the carb blasted it with brakekleen and air also drilled out the plug to adjust the air and fuel. It ran fine till about February of this year. So, I finally ordered a new carb from Amazon and it ran great till last month.
The problem was that I would have to keep the choke way up to keep it running. Till it would not start period. So I ordered another carb. (different brand). I installed it, changed the air filter and the fuel filter and removed the muffler soaked it in solvent overnight and cleaned it, changed the fuel lines the spark plug. and it does the same thing.
It idles great, and it somewhat revs up when it is dead cold but as soon as it warms up it won't rev up. This carb has a plug on the air to fuel mixture screw so I did not attempt to remove it in case I have to return it.
I removed the gas cap also.
It will idle for great for a long time but I can't get to rev up it just stumbles wherever ever the choke lever is at.

Thank You , any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
If the spark arrestor isn't clogged, most likely the carburetor just needs adjustment. If the arrestor is clogged you can either clean it or toss it. I toss em. They're not needed. If the carb screws are blocked with a cap, take em out to get to the adjustment screw. You don't have to drill em out.

rutbuster1

Threads
This what you get by buy China clones. But as Rivets suggest check the spark arrester first.

But just for fun which of the 16 serial breaks for the SRM-225, 14 serial breaks for the SRM-225i, 3 serial number breaks for the SRM-225SB, or the 6 serial number breaks for the SRM-225U is it? And do you have tach and tape measure for tuning?
There's nothing wrong with the China clones. I use em all the time and have no issues with them. I mainly us Hipa products. One customer just had to have an OEM carb on his chainsaw. I ordered it, received it, looked it over and what do you know? Where was it made? "Made in China." Practically everything is made in China nowadays. Sad, but true.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the exhaust port as well they can clog too.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the same trimmer. It’s older than yours. It still has the original carburetor. The only things that I’ve done to it were to change the primer bulb, the fuel lines and their filters, the fuel tank grommet, air filter, and the two gaskets on both sides of the intake manifold block. I replace the plug regularly. The spark arrester was clean It runs as good as it did New.