Spinnin'

indypower

Threads
Closest I see is 20x10-8 in a few tread patterns -- would be an inch wider -- I had a set for a Deere 318 that were a lug design, but like these View attachment 148 -- they didn't tear up the lawn and worked great for snow and mud. I called Gemplers and they set me up with my size even when not listed in the catalog or on the web site --- GOOD LUCK !

That is the type of tire that is on the new Dixie Choppers. Great traction and does NOT dig up the lawn.

cjg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey there before spending money on chains or new tires, try adjusting the tire pressures. Sometimes thats all it takes is a little less pressure, Hope all works out for ya.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Someone mentioned tire pressure -- I finally found a dial type low pressure gauge that seems accurate.

Milton Industries S901 Milton Dial Type Air Gauge 0-15 psi :thumbsup:

You can do a search for the Milton S901 and find it quite a few places.

stuckinnj

Threads
Someone mentioned tire pressure -- I finally found a dial type low pressure gauge that seems accurate.

Milton Industries S901 Milton Dial Type Air Gauge 0-15 psi :thumbsup:

You can do a search for the Milton S901 and find it quite a few places.

I have the same Milton Gauge - careful not to use it on tires w/greater then 15 PSI. The gauge doesn't like it and calibration is ruined.

As for traction, nothing beats wheel weights and chains. I use them both on Cub 1450. I mow 4 acres of pasture and green space bewteen the fences and wood. The only time I get stuck is when the deck gets wedged. No wheel spin and all the benfits of traction and areation.

And before anyone comments about the pasture mowing, I enjoy using the old cub instead of my JD4310 w/bush hog. Not to mention it keeps me away from the phones........

Threads
My 2 cents, Load the back tires( I use windshield washer fluid ) then put chains on. They need to be good chains and they need to be tight. If you don't spin you won't hurt your lawn.:biggrin: Dusty

My question is how and what do you use to put the windshield washer into the wheels, I imagine you have to remove the valve stem but have you made a home made tool to insert the washer fluid?
do you still have to put air in? Enquiring minds want to know please.

dusty-t

Threads
Hi Essa. Al I do is lay the wheel valve up. Break the top bead, and pour in the fluid. Kinda hard if there is a tube. But you can buy kits to fill tires with tubes. It is not really environment friendly but neither is calcium. The back end of my Steiner is really light when I have any of the attachments on it. But I think I will just put a weight box on the back.:biggrin: Dusty

Rip

Threads
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to go with the least expensive route, for now. I'm going to fill the tires with fluid. Tractor Supply has an adapter for the tires that attaches to the valve stem and then threads onto a garden hose. It costs about $10.00. The adapter and a couple of gallons of windshield wiper anti-freeze solution should do the trick.

I'll report back.

Rip