Special Starter Tool

bartles

Threads
I apologize ahead of time about a picture not being available. I haven't figured out how to reduce the size of pics taken with my phone.

On all engines new to me I prepare to start for the first time I take the starters apart to inspect the brushes, clean up the armatures and lube the bushings.

When I order new brushes included in the order is a metal tool, about 5/8" wide and 5-6" long. One end is bent 90 degrees, about 3/4" and has a slot in it.

Hiw is this supposed to be used?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depending your setup Windows Paint can reduce the pixel count or upload to a site like Imgur and resize there. I usually shoot no than 1000 x 1000 pixels or anywhere under that.

Personally I have seen the suppose tool and would need to see it myself too. And I may have to order from the same to get in my hands to figure what they are intending how to use it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It’s called a Briggs starter strap, but I’ll be honest I can’t remember what it is for or how to use it. Briggs part number 691532. I’ve got a couple in my tool box, one still in the package.

bartles

Threads
Well it looks like a good one🤣

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then this is what finding as an image for the 691532
1697409781663.png
I don't see how that would help with the installation of the brushes. Appears to be more of grounding strap to me,

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then it might be like those aftermarket carbs being sent a basically useless manual choke lever. It took me awhile to figure what in the heck they were.